“Not supportive of the miltary”

Best Western Heritage Inn
Ranked #21 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
colorado springs
“Not supportive of the miltary”
Reviewed October 4, 2006

This hotel has the worst hotel I've ever seen. My unit coming home from Iraq had some rooms booked. Then our flights got cancled due to weather. When we explained our situation the hotel would not cancell our rooms and all our soldiers had to pay out of pocket. This hotel does not support the military nor will they even try to work with you. DON'T STAY HERE.

Stayed September 2006
9 Thank vaske5
chattanoogatnshah, Webmaster at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2010
Dear Hero,

First of all, thank you to you and your unit for what you have done for us. Please be assured that you are appreciated.

I am so sorry for the unpleasantness which you experienced in dealing with the Best Western Heritage Inn.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Management and registration staff received additional training in the courteous way in which they are expected to treat people in carrying out their duties as our representatives.

2) The situation of you and your unit being charged for your rooms is being looked into.

I hope that in the future if you or any member of your unit is visiting in our area you will decide to stay at the Best Western Heritage Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Asheville, NC
Reviewed September 17, 2006

I spent two nights there while sightseeing in Chattanooga. I changed rooms on the second day when a noisy open-door poker party started up next door. There were also a few barechested guys hanging-out outside with open beers in their hands. - The second room which was on the other side of the building was quieter. But the worst problem was that the shower/tub in both rooms was terribly stained and dirty. - I didn't shower while there as a result. It was just too disgusting.

• Liked — Bed was comfortable
  • Disliked — Terribly stained and dirty bathtub
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Ostrich101
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Heritage Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Management received additional training in seeing to it that disruptive guests are made aware of their responsibility to be considerate of their fellow guests.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training in their responsibility to maintain a proper level of cleanliness as our employees.

I hope that the next time you visit in our area you will once again choose to stay at the Best Western Heritage Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 6, 2006

My family stayed at the Best Western Heritage Inn, and we were more than pleased. We were conviently located off I-75, and the rooms were brand new. The front desk stated that they had just renovated. Our room had a fridge/microwave, in-room coffee, all the amenities that you can wish for, and local calls and high speed wireless are free. The hot breakfast was free and a great way to start the day. This was one of the nicest stays that we have ever had.

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 30, 2005

This was the worst travel experience of my life. This hotel had dirty, smelly rooms, and the worst customer service I have ever seen. The lobby was full of customers complaining. One man complained about bugs and was rudely handed a can of bug spray. We were lied to and yelled at, and were charged for days we did not stay at this hotel. Do NOT give them your credit card. You do not know what will end up charged on it!

• Stayed July 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. These reviews are one of the best tools that we have for being sure that the high level of expectations which we set for our establishment are being met.

Upon the receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Housekeeping staff received extra training in the high level of cleanliness required of them.

2) Management and reception staff received extra training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at the Best Western Heritage Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Atlanta
Reviewed May 4, 2005

Contacted the hotel directly and booked. Was told a 6 pm cancellation policy. When I arrived I determined the facilities were not up to standard - ie- small dirty rooms, staff clad in T-shirts, very unprofessional! Advised I needed to cancel and was told (after they looked at the clock), that it was 4:10 and their cancel poliy expired at 4 pm. A call to National Customer service resolved nothing. I ended up paying for both rooms, and having to find a substitue hotel at the last minute.

4 Thank NuclearJim
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your attempt to stay at the Best Western Heritage Inn.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Housekeeping staff received extra training in the level of cleanliness required of them.

2) Management received extra training as to their responsibility to see to it that all staff members are dressed in a professional manner.

2) The matter of the cancellation policy is being looked into.

atlanta, ga
Reviewed March 21, 2005

Traveling to Chattanooga, my husband and I stayed at the nicest hotel that had just been newly renovated. The staff was very friendly, and the rooms were excellent. We received a free hot breakfast in the cafeteria with many foods and fruits to choose from. I have to say this is the nicest place; a luxurious hotel at an economy rate.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
6 Thank business_traveler14
Marti77
Reviewed June 13, 2004

The staff was friendly. Booked over the phone, had no idea what it would look like. I'm young, haven't had much experience booking hotel rooms. Didn't know I could walk out and demand my money back or I would have. The room smelled bad, the bathroom door's lower hinge was broken, there was mildew in the shower in several places. I couldn't wait to leave.

9 Thank Marti77
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly. This is what we expect from them but it is always nice to hear.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them.

2) Maintenance staff was notified to see to the repair of the hinge on the bathroom door of the room which you occupied.

I hope that the next time you visit our area you will again choose to stay at the Best Western Heritage Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.