“Good location”

Best Western Royal Inn
Ranked #34 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel has an excellent location for visiting Ruby Fall, The Incline Railway and Rock City.
The hotel is clean and benefits from good service.
Free parking. Walmart is next door as is Logan's Roadhouse so there is no need to drive to eat.
The centre of Chattanooga is about 4 miles away and it is best to drive and park in the Tennessee Aquarium car park $9 per day). There is a free shuttle bus through Chattanooga to the Choo Choo.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frank_1Kent
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Frank_1Kent,

Thank you so much for choosing the Best Western Royal Inn Chattanooga while visiting the Scenic City! I am so pleased that you had a pleasant stay and truly appreciated our fantastic location to local attractions like Ruby Falls, Rock City and the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway. I hope that you had a wonderful time exploring Chattanooga and hope that you will be back soon!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Royal Inn

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed here on our trip home to Illinois from Savannah, Georgia. Hubby, me and our two small dogs. Room was clean and quiet, located in a beautiful mountainous area, friendly staff. Complimentary breakfast met our needs. Our only complaint, was our room keys WOULD NOT work in our door. We were both sick the first night, so when one of us went out to walk the dogs, the other one had to get out of bed to open the door. The only time we left the room together was for the complimentary breakfast (which was good). When we returned, we again fought with the door, and were unable to open it. The maintenance man saw us and helped us, and opened the door wide before we could warn him about the dogs. One of them (a Boston Terrier) is an escape artist, and escape he did. The maintenance man was kind enough to help chase him, and another hotel guest helped catch him. Good thing, because there is a big highway nearby where he was sure to lose his life. We would stay here again, but would probably seek help sooner with the key issue.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Maryanne C,

Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are truly pleased that you chose to stay with us during your travels back to Illinois. I apologize for the issue you encountered wit the room keys, however I am glad that you enjoyed beautiful Lookout Mountain and the wonderful breakfast! Should your travels bring you through the Chattanooga area again I hope that we will be your hotel of choice!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Can't beat the amenities for the price. Hotel staff were excellent!! Very friendly, courteous, helpful and informative about area attractions. Lobby, dining area, and room were very clean, king bed comfortable, and we had a 42" flat screen. Fantastic breakfast is served fresh everyday - your choice of eggs, buscuits, sausage, gravy/toast for a hot meal. Cereal, yogurt, donuts, muffins, bagels, etc... for cold meals. Plenty of juice and coffee. Location is perfect. Conveniently located to area attractions, restaurants, wal mart, etc... Will definitely stay here again.

Only negatives are: No elevator. Tub and toilet drained a little slow.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear lkakko,

Thank you so much for choosing the Best Western Royal Inn for you recent visit to the Chattanooga area, and for your kind words about our hotel and our hospitality team! We are truly pleased that we were able to give you the "Best Bang for Your Buck" and look forward to accommodating in the future!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Heading home from Florida and needed an overnight stop. Best Western Royal Inn was that.
Beds very comfortable. Breakfast more than we expected. While this is obviously a very old location it is upgraded, clean and comfortable. Would recommend it for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear radiodj,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Best Western Royal Inn Chattanooga. We are so pleased to hear about your pleasant experience. I will be sure to pass along your great comments to our entire team. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in town!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel was very convient for me and my family. There is a Walmart next door and all of the attractions are close by. The room was very clean however there was a odor in the bathroom. Someone came to clean it and we enjoyed the rest of our stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear tedwards2269,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Royal Inn Chattanooga for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband, along with our two young girls, took a weekend trip to the Chattanooga area, and I booked this hotel early, for the deal. The price was great and the hotel was worth that. We had no major issues, however there were a few minor things. First, our room key, which was electronic type, did not want to open the door on the first try. You really have to push and do it several times before it would open. Second, the breakfast is from 6-9. I think that 6-10 would be better. Also, the breakfast area itself is tiny. We had to stand in line and then when we got to the food, it was so crowded. After we got our food, there was no where to sit, because there are hardly any tables or room for tables. We always had to take our food back upstairs to our room. I did not enjoy that too much. The rooms were clean and comfortable, however I think I did smell old smoke smell in our non smoking room. Our toilet also made a bubbling sound when flushed. The rooms are pretty small, especially the bathroom area. We got a room with 2 double beds. The beds were comfy and we all slept pretty good. I would probably stay here again, if I was looking to save some money on a room, but next time we go to Chattanooga, we may book a higher end hotel. For a quick trip, however, this one is fine.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Tnvolchick,

Thank you for sharing the constructive feedback. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the value of your room and we regret any discomfort or inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. I have taken note of all your concerns and improvements are being made.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a fabulous stay. No complaints or issues. The location was convenient for us. Our event was downtown. I was worried about the distance, but it was painless to jump on the interstate and head to the downtown area. We were also worried about parking since we pulled a cover trailer up. They had a convenient gravel lot for trailer and truck parking making it easy for us to park. Breakfast was minimal, but fine for us. I was never bothered by any noise from rooms around us, traffic, etc. until the last day when people checking out would roll their suitcases down the stairs...but you'll always have "those people" everywhere you go. Most of our fixtures and furniture had been updated, with the exception of the hair dryer. I brought my own, so that was no big deal. All in all it was a good stay. It probably wouldn't be the best hotel if you were going to spend a lot of time in the hotel, but for us to be gone from 12 pm-12 am it was perfect to come back to. Enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: April 2013
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear hotelfind,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. Getting great feedback from our guests helps in so many ways. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenience to downtown! I hope should another event bring you back to the Scenic City we will be the first hotel on your list!