“Best Bang for Your Buck”

Best Western Royal Inn
Ranked #33 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Can't beat the amenities for the price. Hotel staff were excellent!! Very friendly, courteous, helpful and informative about area attractions. Lobby, dining area, and room were very clean, king bed comfortable, and we had a 42" flat screen. Fantastic breakfast is served fresh everyday - your choice of eggs, buscuits, sausage, gravy/toast for a hot meal. Cereal, yogurt, donuts, muffins, bagels, etc... for cold meals. Plenty of juice and coffee. Location is perfect. Conveniently located to area attractions, restaurants, wal mart, etc... Will definitely stay here again.

Only negatives are: No elevator. Tub and toilet drained a little slow.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear lkakko,

Thank you so much for choosing the Best Western Royal Inn for you recent visit to the Chattanooga area, and for your kind words about our hotel and our hospitality team! We are truly pleased that we were able to give you the "Best Bang for Your Buck" and look forward to accommodating in the future!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Heading home from Florida and needed an overnight stop. Best Western Royal Inn was that.
Beds very comfortable. Breakfast more than we expected. While this is obviously a very old location it is upgraded, clean and comfortable. Would recommend it for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear radiodj,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Best Western Royal Inn Chattanooga. We are so pleased to hear about your pleasant experience. I will be sure to pass along your great comments to our entire team. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in town!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel was very convient for me and my family. There is a Walmart next door and all of the attractions are close by. The room was very clean however there was a odor in the bathroom. Someone came to clean it and we enjoyed the rest of our stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear tedwards2269,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Royal Inn Chattanooga for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband, along with our two young girls, took a weekend trip to the Chattanooga area, and I booked this hotel early, for the deal. The price was great and the hotel was worth that. We had no major issues, however there were a few minor things. First, our room key, which was electronic type, did not want to open the door on the first try. You really have to push and do it several times before it would open. Second, the breakfast is from 6-9. I think that 6-10 would be better. Also, the breakfast area itself is tiny. We had to stand in line and then when we got to the food, it was so crowded. After we got our food, there was no where to sit, because there are hardly any tables or room for tables. We always had to take our food back upstairs to our room. I did not enjoy that too much. The rooms were clean and comfortable, however I think I did smell old smoke smell in our non smoking room. Our toilet also made a bubbling sound when flushed. The rooms are pretty small, especially the bathroom area. We got a room with 2 double beds. The beds were comfy and we all slept pretty good. I would probably stay here again, if I was looking to save some money on a room, but next time we go to Chattanooga, we may book a higher end hotel. For a quick trip, however, this one is fine.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Tnvolchick,

Thank you for sharing the constructive feedback. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the value of your room and we regret any discomfort or inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. I have taken note of all your concerns and improvements are being made.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a fabulous stay. No complaints or issues. The location was convenient for us. Our event was downtown. I was worried about the distance, but it was painless to jump on the interstate and head to the downtown area. We were also worried about parking since we pulled a cover trailer up. They had a convenient gravel lot for trailer and truck parking making it easy for us to park. Breakfast was minimal, but fine for us. I was never bothered by any noise from rooms around us, traffic, etc. until the last day when people checking out would roll their suitcases down the stairs...but you'll always have "those people" everywhere you go. Most of our fixtures and furniture had been updated, with the exception of the hair dryer. I brought my own, so that was no big deal. All in all it was a good stay. It probably wouldn't be the best hotel if you were going to spend a lot of time in the hotel, but for us to be gone from 12 pm-12 am it was perfect to come back to. Enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: April 2013
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear hotelfind,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. Getting great feedback from our guests helps in so many ways. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenience to downtown! I hope should another event bring you back to the Scenic City we will be the first hotel on your list!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I visit Chattanooga several times a year and have been looking for a hotel that I would stay in again and I think I have found it with this Best Western. My room was spotless, the bed was so comfortable, plenty of hot water, the shower had a wonderful pressure, and although I didn't have much interaction with the staff, when I did, they were helpful and accomodating. The only down side was the parking. The spaces are narrow and on steep incline on the lobby side. I will definitely request a room on the opposite side where it is a little more open and not as steep. And even though I was on the lobby side, it was quiet. But the pool is on that side, so that may be a different story in warmer weather. The hotel offered a hot breakfast, but I didn't partake as I spend the day with a friend who lives in Chattanooga.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PattyO127
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear PattyO127,
We are so glad that you were pleased with our hotel! Your review is the exact experience we want every guest staying with us to have when departing our hotel property. Thank you kindly for your kind words and for taking the time out of your day to post your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We look forward to accommodating you in the future!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We reserved a room via internet for $67.49 which we felt was very reasonable. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The staff at the desk were very friendly and accommodating. There are several chain restaurants closeby this hotel. We asked the desk clerk for recommendation on somewhere nice to eat dinner and she recommended the Mount Vernon Restaurant on Board Street which was wonderful! We got up early in the morning and found the breakfast to be good and the hot food was hot. Lots of variety available on the breakfast bar. The setting area would be small if there were alot of people there to eat breakfast, but it was empty when we were eating.. We will definitely keep the Best Western Royal Inn in mind when we travel through Chattanooga again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judy G
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Judy G,

Thank you for your valuable time in posting a review of your experience at the Best Western Royal Inn Chattanooga. It is such a great feeling to read that you had a great experience during your stay with us. I will pass along your comments about our friendly staff to our team. Thank you sincerely for recognizing the efforts of our team to create lasting impressions for all our guests.

I am also so pleased to hear the you enjoyed Mt. Vernon Restaurant! Our location puts us close to a variety of excellent restaurants and attractions! Next time be sure to check out Meo Mio's Cajun Restaurant or go caving at Raccoon Mountain Caverns, both just minutes from our hotel! Hope to see you soon!