“Clean, friendly and comfortable stay.”

Best Western Royal Inn
Ranked #34 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this best western because we were traveling with our dog and pet friendly rooms were advertised . The management was very friendly and the breakfast was great. The room was clean and comfortable. We would stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Susie_L_12_12
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Susie_L_12_12,
Thank you for the awesome review! We take a ton of pride and time in providing the level of service you referred to. We are so happy you chose to stay with us and please make sure you come back to see us should your travels bring you to the Chattanooga area.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Royal Inn

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights while visiting our daughter at college. We had 2 rooms and both were very clean. Got a great rate for a 4 night stay. Beds were very comfortable. Plenty of electrical outlets. Showers have the curved shower rods. Breakfast selection was decent, including some hot offerings: make-your-own waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, sausage gravy (except one morning the "hot" foods were not hot at all). The staff was very attentive to the breakfast area. (I've stayed at other hotels where the breakfast area is a mess and runs out of items if you're not there within the first 1/2 hour, so they did a good job with that.) It was very quiet while we were there, no problems with noise at all.

Room Tip: if you use the refrigerator, keep an eye on your food as ours became frozen as a rock; didn't se...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Denise D
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Denise D,
Many thanks for sharing your experience at the Best Western Royal Inn Chattanooga. We recently renovated this property, so I'm glad that you noticed the new upgrades to our hotel! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to accommodating you and your family on future trips to visit your daughter in the future.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

When we arrived at this Best Western in Tenn. we were not able to get a room for the same price as on the internet so we had to do an online reservation to get the best price (which was very irritating as we were tired from a whole day of driving). Then for some reason their reservation system was not working properly so they put us an occupied room! I am very glad the folks were out at the time because I would not have wanted to walk in on them. The reservation desk had to try several times to find us an unoccupied room, but the housekeeper (who was outside with me at the time) was very determined, and finally found us a room. She helped me carry my bags from room to room during the search which was very nice of her. But after all that, the rest of the stay was great. We were in walking distance of several restaurants and selected Logan’s, which was very good and not badly priced either. The bed and pillows were great and both my husband and I got a good night’s sleep. The free breakfast was great, and even offered hot scrambled eggs, sausage patties and oatmeal. This was the best hotel that we stayed in on our 10-day trip to Florida.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JJV55016,
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! I apologize for the initial inconvenience when you arrived at the hotel. I definitely understand that it can be frustrating after a long drive! I appreciate that you were so patient and understanding of the situation since mishaps sometimes do arise. We are pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you so comfortably and that the rest of your stay was wonderful! We look forward to being able to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here on the way from Florida with a dog. Place was clean, quiet and comfortable. The only complaint that I had was that we had booked a king bed as it is easier to have only one bed in the room with a pet. Upon getting there the clerk told me that I could not have the room, I would have to be on the ground floor where they put people with pets. In that section they only have 2 double beds. I completely understand why they designate a certain area for pets so that other guests who may have allergies would not have a problem. However, I do feel that only offering double beds in that area with no other choice is basically treating pet owners as second class citizens? My husband is tall and it is not comfortable sharing a double bed as I get no sleep, we ended up using both which I feel is wasteful on linens. I was very tired and was a little frustrated but the front desk clerk handled it well and very politely. I will say that upon getting into our room and seeing how clean it was we felt a lot better! For eating I recommend Logan's steakhouse right behind the hotel. And if you have a pet just be aware about the choice of beds, other than that you will have a good stay. Recommend it as a stop.

Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank amscuk
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear amscuk,
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and staff. We appreciate your comments and information for future guests. We are deeply sorry that we were unable to accommodate your request for a king bed, but I am glad that this did not completely ruin your stay. Safe travels, and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Read the reviews of all the Hotels in the area. This had the best reviews,based on that choose this one. If you are in chattanooga I would stay here. The place was clean, the Staff was nice, and the breakfest was good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Jeffery F,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review regarding your last stay at our hotel.
We are very happy that we were able to meet your expectations and delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our staff. We strive and work hard to make sure that all our guests get the best care possible.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is our second stay at this facility, we travel with our 2 dogs and they are pet friendly, the rooms are clean and nicely appointed for a overnight stay. The morning breakfast is ok, with eggs and biscuits and gravy. The staff is friendly but it depends the nationality of the front desk staff, some follow the company policy without having interpersonal skills.
The other thing that I found strange when making reservations, few of the websites returned with no rooms available for our date of travel, but looking at the parking lot, I would say it was only 10% occupied.

Room Tip: We travel with 2 small dogs, the west side of the premises is better to walk the dogs. Few restauran...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Rob O,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback here on TripAdvisor! We appreciate you going out of your way to let us know what we are doing well and what areas we need to improve so thank you! I am glad that you enjoyed the cleanliness and the comfort of your room. In regards to the room availability, the best site to get the most accurate results on room availability is www.bestwestern.com or you can also find us on Facebook or Twitter for great updates and specials! Thanks so much for choosing Best Western Royal Inn and we look forward to accommodating you in the future!

Reviewed January 18, 2013