“Better than expected” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Libertyville, Illinois
“Better than expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed overnight here on the way to Florida from Chicago. Room was very clean and beds/bedding were definitely above average for this type of property. Easy access to the interstate and lots of places to eat within blocks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lizs31111
Alicia L, Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Inn, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Many thanks for sharing your experience at the Best Western Royal Inn Chattanooga on TripAdvisor! We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or our Wordpress Blog for additional news, updates, and deals in the future! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to accommodating you for any future trips you may make to Chattanooga!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Norcross, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

The room was clean, nicely furnished, items such as TV remote, extra blanket/pillows were placed in sanitized bags; ensuring cleanliness. The staff was gracious and helpful. We have found a new place to stay on our many weekend trips to Chattanooga. Give this place a try -- you will be more than pleasantly surprised!

Room Tip: The second floor rooms are walk-in level.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alicia L, Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
I want to thank you for going out of your way to review our hotel. All of your feedback is greatly appreciated and has put a smile on all of our faces. We know you have many choices for a place to stay when visiting Chattanooga and thank you for choosing us! We look forward to accommodating you in the future.
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

The rooms at this Best Western were nicely furnished and reasonably clean. We had a family group of 3 people and 1 dog. I had reserved a room with 2 Qs for two people and 1K for the person with the dog. At check in they had the rooms reversed which turned out to be for the best so no complaints there. In the dog room, I was awakened in the middle of the night by the next room's radio playing loudly enough to keep me awake. Also the room, upon entering, had a smell of smoke, like maybe it used to be a smoking room. It was not overpowering so I just put up with it. Both rooms were issued 2 key cards each and we both had trouble getting into our room every time.
I mentioned the keys and noise when I checked out and the desk clerk said in the future I should tell them and they would fix the problem. it just seemed too much trouble at the time.
They had a nice breakfast with scrambled eggs and the other common items.
Dogs were an extra $10.
I was not very impressed with the hotel but as it was clean and allowed dogs, I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Poodletoes
Alicia L, Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Poodletoes,

Thank you taking the time to offer feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the cleanliness and the comfort of your room, that is always important when travelling. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I apologize for any inconveniences that you may experienced while staying at the Best Western Royal Inn.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Alicia Lascelles
Jackson, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I echo Rich T, facility is very nice! Clean, comfortable, convenient to interstate, and has a very good breakfast. However we are seniors and had requested a ground floor room and got stuck up on the third floor with no elevator. Hotel looked very less than full but when I asked about a room on a lower floor I was told that there were none available. The staff the next morning were very apologetic and went out of there way to make things right with us. Seems as though they need to fix some staffing issues on second shift. We will stay here again if need arises.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank redwingrick
Alicia L, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Inn, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Redwingrick,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I appreciate your compliments about our hotel's cleanliness, comfort, convenience, and your satisfaction with our breakfast service. Guest satisfaction is our utmost concern, and out hotel is committed to making ever possible effort to provide guests with a satisfactory stay. Kindly accept our sincere apologies about the inconvenience of your room location. Your feedback is very important to us and assists us in continually improving the services we offer to guests.

Alicia L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were pretty clean. There were several small things that were not up to my standards but not bad. My only real complaints was the first rooms shower head has black mold/mildew where the water came out. The second rooms did not. Both rooms had the remote in a little bag that was suppose to be clean. Both rooms remotes had fuzz and stuff between the buttons. I had clorax wipes and gave them a good scrub and went on. I had booked both stays through Best Westerns website to get the internet price. The second stay something happened and the reservation showed for the following night. No problem they got us in but I did notice I was charged 74.99 instead of the 71.99 I booked it for. Not sure what was up with that. If I'm ever in the area again I would stay here. The area seemed safe and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear cheerubs,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. Thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory room conditions to our attention. I want to assure you that this is not our standard. Your comments will allow us to reflect on improving our performance.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

The facility is very nice! Clean, comfortable, convenient to interstate, and has a very good breakfast. Overall I would probably stay here again however, my check I was a nightmare and extremely frustrating. I made my reservation under my Corporate Lodging Check Inn membership but the girl taking the reservation required a credit card to hold the reservation. The credit card number was stored improperly and upon check in the desk clerk charge my credit card as well as my Corporate Lodging card. I have text notifications on my cards and luckily discovered this imediately. The desk clerk was finally able to get things corrected but it was a major inconvenience. If I did not have text alerts on my cards it would have been even more difficult to correct the issue.

Room Tip: Three floors and no elevator so choose wisely
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Alicia L, Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Inn, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear RichT,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed the convenience, cleanliness, and comfort of our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience that the error at check in caused you. The feedback that we receive from our guests enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Best Regards,

Alicia Lascelles
Bellingham, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

TItle says most of it. It wasn't amazing but it was simple, clean, and the customer service was great. Breakfast wasn't bad. It doesn't have great ammenities (pool, hot tub) but if its for short stay its a great option if you can get it at a good price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family