“Brunch before the Aquarium...”
Review of The Blue Plate

The Blue Plate
Ranked #37 of 850 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I ate brunch here on the 17th of February 2013 prior to going to the Aquarium. When we arrived there was a wait for the restraunt itself, the bar area called Local 191, we decided to sit in the bar area where sitting was open. The bar is owned and operated by the gentleman that runs the Blue Plate. I had the Canjun Shrimp Mac and Cheese and carafe of Mimso's, my husband had the Huevos Ranchero and a craft beer. All in all it was a great meal with sports on the tv and a beautiful view of the river.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Loved the simple complexity of the menu, but would have liked oatmeal as an option in some capacity. Limited breakfast options in general, but those options are delicious!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Visited with 2 of my girlfriends when they came in town. We really were driving around all night trying to find a place that offered live music. Unfortunately - that wasn't happeneing and we settled here. Pleasantly surprised. They had a few signature drinks which we really enjoyed - even ordered more rounds of them. The food was unique but tastey. We each got something different and everything was good. I'll be back.

1  Thank okolo
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Good food plus a wonderful scenic view facing the Tennessee River on the waterfront district. If one of the many scheduled activities is going on at the Riverfront, you have a front row seat while dining - choose to eat indoor or on the covered patio. After eating, walk out the door and you're ready for a stroll along the walking trail that follows the river or trek over the river to the shops on the Northshore via the walking bridge (I think it's the longest walking bridge in the world).Super location, fair prices and good food.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This restaurant is in a perfect location for all things downtown, whether you are staying in one of the downtown hotels, visiting the Aquarium or taking a boat trip. My husband and I sometimes have trouble finding places to eat since I don't eat red meat. No problem here, despite the upscale diner atmosphere, the menu had a lot of variety and was sprinkled with some very contemporary choices. I had the Portobello Mushroom sandwich which was absolutely delicious and my husband had the Reuben sandwich which he loved. I finished it off with one of my favorites, Peanut Butter pie. Our waiter Lebron was knowledgeable of the menu, quick with the service and attentive to our every need. We really enjoyed this place and will definitely try again next time we are in downtown Chattanooga.

1  Thank LifesaBanquet