“Very good food and service and quiet surroundings.”
Review of Beast + Barrel

Ranked #45 of 965 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, French, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Grown up pub is what we think best describes us. We take our food and drink seriously; ourselves not so much. Gastro Pub refined menu focused on high quality proteins and charcuterie, cheeses, vegetables and homemade sides. Craft cocktail bar with wine on tap and all Tennessee draught beers all the time. Thank you for joining us.
Reviewed November 15, 2018

Wife and I stopped in for an early dinner. Not crowded at all being a Sunday night. Served very quickly and ordered the artisan board to start with and the Garden District pasta. The artisan board was pretty good but seemed a but sparse for the price. The pasta though was excellent and plentiful. Enough that we took about an equivalent of a full portion back to the hotel. They also had some decent unusual beer selections which we enjoyed.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed November 12, 2018

Just across the pedestrian bridge on the north side of Chattanooga, this bar and restaurant offers a good range of food and drink at reasonable prices. The staff are delightful. We visited late afternoon on October 31st 2018 and they were offering a half price Happy Hour on selected drinks including cocktails!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed November 10, 2018

A unique spot on Chattanooga's north shore. If you're looking for something a little different or just appreciate quality charcuterie and craft beer, this is your spot. Staff is really knowledgeable about menu and beverage pairings. Nice little date night spot.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

We were in Chattanooga for Head of the Hooch,staying downtown and wanting a quick but good dinner. Found this jewel. After reading reviews here, I was skeptical but made a reservation within the hour. We could have walked (it’s very near the pedestrian bridge) but opted to drive. Immediately seated and ordered. They have crafted local beer and cocktails and a good wine list. I had the special- grouper with a basil sauce over cauliflower rice. It was so fresh and cooked perfectly. My husband ate the seared tuna and the house salad. It was delicious. The waitress was outstanding. The manager came by to check on our experience. When back in Chattanooga, I would definitely eat here again!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went on a Sunday evening after a fun day in Chattanooga. We were sat immediately by a polite host and were greeted promptly by a female server (who’s name I wish I could remember). We started with an appetizer that she recommended of fresh meats and cheeses. Our entrees were very good and we enjoyed some really good local craft beer. The atmosphere was also great and we would definitely go back next time we visit the area.

Date of visit: November 2018