“Huge menu, great prices, big portions.”
Review of City Cafe Diner

City Cafe Diner
Ranked #34 of 875 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: 24/7 Anything anytime! City Cafe Diner in Chattanooga, Tennessee and Cleveland, Tennessee offers breakfast, lunch and dinner with a choice of 400 different menu items any time of day or night. We feature traditional American fare plus five different varieties of ethnic food, including Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. Choose from over 90 home made cakes, cheesecakes, and pies. Our downtown diner provides a full bar and live music. Our other locations provide beer and wine.
Reviewed August 30, 2014

I ate several meals here and the service is great with a real family attitude from the servers. The Norwegian salmon and stuffed flounder florentine were very good with huge portions of everything. The Greek dishes are good with my favorite being the Spanakopita (spinach pie). I'm not a big dessert eater, but if you are, I've never seen a bigger selection of delicious looking cakes of all varieties. The sandwiches are huge and the fries very good. In general, everything tastes fresh as if it was just cooked to order, and the prices extremely reasonable. I'll definitely eat here again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,450)

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I only came in for dessert and was not disappointed...they taste even better than they look!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Dropped in at midnight on a Sunday after many, many hours on the road on the way to FLA. Place was hopping with all types of folks and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Our party had both breakfast items and dinner fare, and all of it was good. Home fries (hash browns with onions, peppers and tomatoes) were great. Menu is huge so even the pickiest eater should be able to find something. Service was very fast and friendly, despite the crowd. Way better than chain diners (of which there are apparently none in Chattanooga) and certainly a far better alternative to Waffle House (of which there seem to be plenty) for late night or any time of the day..

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We liked our first visit so much we went back for a second visit and everything was good. The service was fast, food was hot and tasty. If you are on a diet this might not be the place for you. They have T.V's constantly showing their hugmonous cakes and you have to walk in and pay at the display case. It takes will power to not try a HUGE slice of cake.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We came in this restaurant by the recommendation of a friend and we were NOT disappointed. It was our intention to have brunch, but I'll be honest.... I picked at my breakfast so that I could justify eating CAKE! So many cakes.... pies, cannolis... I mean.... I felt like a fat kid in candyland. No one told me this restaurant was 24hours and has 75 kinds of CAKE or I would've been there at 3 AM the night before! LOL. Oh the breakfast was good too... but let's be honest. I won't be back for breakfast... I'll be back for CAKE!

1  Thank Sheena N