“A must to visit.”

Ranked #14 of 836 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: 24/7 Anything anytime! City Cafe Diner in Chattanooga, Tennessee and Cleveland, Tennessee offers breakfast, lunch and dinner with a choice of 400 different menu items any time of day or night. We feature traditional American fare plus five different varieties of ethnic food, including Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. Choose from over 90 home made cakes, cheesecakes, and pies. Our downtown diner provides a full bar and live music. Our other locations provide beer and wine.
Memphis, Tennessee
“A must to visit.”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

As soon as you walk in-displays of absolutely huge cakes and desserts. The portions are very large, enough to share. The sandwiches are great.

Visited April 2014

Port Ludlow, Washington
“Well priced, good food”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We went to City Cafe for lunch and were very pleased by the portions and the food overall. There were about two dozen cakes to choose from for dessert but we were so full from lunch that we skipped it, promising to come back later. I had a Gyro which was great and my daughter had the child's portion fettuccine which showed up looking like a man's portion (she at the leftovers as a snack later). Prices were very reasonable. Loved it.

Visited April 2014
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Downtown Open 24hrs”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Been to City Café many times.

The good: Very good service. Portions are huge for the most part. Prices for the entries are reasonable. Open 24hrs. GREAT coffee.

The Bad: Desserts are expensive. Cakes look great but they are usually not as tasty as they look from my experience. Sometimes they play the jukebox/music too loud. Not the best location after hours. Can get busy during weekends when the Convention Center events are happening.

“Eh”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

They need a cook that understands what a Monte Christo sandwich is! It is not an open face! It was okay but not what I was hoping for. I make them and mine are much better.

Anniston, Alabama
“Great hours and desserts and very clean”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Ok right downtown sit this Diner attached to the Days Inn,Not affiliated with but handy. Restaurant has a cool old school 60's diner feel and music and Very clean.Menu is Huge I mean they have almost everything on it(usually not good idea). So first night we went there for the Desserts we had been told about.My wife and I both ordered 1 slice of cake.What showed up was enough cake in 1 slice to feed a family of four ,HUGE ! Now let me say the owner of restaurant we were told owned a bakery so they have huge selection of desserts that are truly amazing,Funny or strange part was there was nothing that told the name of the Bakery or location etc.........So I was excited for the next mornings breakfast since they had a favorite of mine on there(how could they not lol) the menu is Huge .So I ordered a straight forward 2 eggs(whites cooked but yolks lil loose-over easy they call it most) and hash with a side of Sausage.Well 6 Eggs later and along time waiting for each set I gave up and asked that check have eggs credited to it since i had tbl full of egg plates.I was comped meal by Manager but really was willing to pay for rest since it was decent.I say decent because they serve huge portions and items being delivered to tables around look great but if ya cant cook 2 eggs over easy then ya wonder how rest food is.
So if you want a killer dessert then I say definitely give this place a shot ,I don't think you will be disappointed ! As far as the food I had, my sausage was pretty good and hash out of a can but thats usual other than that I cant say much about rest of the menu.