“Great place for the family!!!”

Sir Goony's Family Fun Center
Ranked #57 of 151 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Owner description: Sir Goony's Family Fun Center offers many attractions including:1) Goony Golf- Two highly themed miniature golf courses- REMODELED for 2014, 2) New Thunder Volt Electric go-karts on one of the South's longest go kart tracks: Amazingly fast with Turbo Boost and video game excitement. 3) New, larger bumper car arena with more cars where you can Spin your opponent by hitting their Spin Zone Target first! Sometimes you drive it and sometimes it drives you!4) New Thrill Ride for 2014: LAZER FURY 360. Sir Goony's has unveiled this new ride unlike any seen in the world before. Created by an award winning ride manufacturer based in Chattanooga, this new ride is unlike anything you have ever seen! Come be part of ground zero of the next great amusement ride. More to be released in coming weeks. 5) Multiple speed batting cages that can be set for all skills and abilities,6) Shockwave Bumper Boats with water cannons where you can soak your friends, 7) A newly remodeled and larger arcade game room full of fun games for all ages, 8) NEW Birthday party rooms.9) Special Events including Glow Golf!Sir Goony's has attractions for all ages and is the perfect place for your family, youth group, or a date night. We also do fantastic mom friendly birthday parties. Stop by for 10 minutes or come and spend your evening with us!
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

This place is awesome very kid friendly I even act like a kid lol they have bumper cars,batting cages,putt putt golf,arcade games and a lot more they even have birthday partys u van cakl

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We visited Sir Goony's yesterday afternoon and will not go back! Not sure about the other review posted but here is what we experienced... It is 'run downed' and worn out! I don't think they have done anything in the past 20 years. Carpet is sticking up all over, worn out carpet, ridges and divets were many, lost golf balls inside the statues-you hit the ball and it never comes out-had to go get 2 new balls, some holes the statue had moving parts that no longer worked so you couldn't even hit on that hole, etc. I had high hopes for this place since it is close by and we use to love it. I will not go back! ~ visited July 5, 2012

3  Thank Tara M
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Ok, I have been to tons of mini golf places and truthfully this course is very fun to play. The entire course is custom made. Yes it is a little rustic, but not the usual sterile, out of the box purchased courses that look brand new, but are lame holes. Nothing was broken, carpet not ripped, some of the lg structures have been repainted and some will be. There are 2 18 hole courses and each hole has some kind of huge animal, reptile, structure, water, ramps, etc.. the place is quirkey.... but mini golf bumper boats and adults is go carts ARE QUIRKEY.

My eldest had fun with the $10 in tokens we gave him. $20 will get you 100 tokens. Video games were mostly 4 tokens, skeeball was 1 Token. Tickets are given out to redeem for prizes. Basic snack bar.

This family fun center is just like the game centers out in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. Hokey, but kids 6 & 12 both had fun and my husband and I ruthlessly competed to the end. I can see us returning next time we are in Chattanooga.

2  Thank Firefly7071
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Sir Gooney's has been around forever. Since I was a kid. It was kinda run down and expensive then and it still is. It is kinda the only game in town so that is how it stays in business. They have mini golf, batting cages, bumper boats, they did have lazer tag, and go carts. The Go Carts were fun and they do have double carts so parents can ride their younger kids on them. The bumper boats were also fun. We have not done the mini golf in forever, but it is not great mini golf.

We went to a birthday party there and the party room was cute, but small. The place is very expensive. They have an arcade that is pretty decent. I would not go down there at night especially on a weekend as that part of town can get a little rough. Brainerd Road is a known cruising road and has been since I was a teenager. There are strip clubs and clubs near by. Also Hooters. So I suggest going in the day if you have young kids.

They do a haunted house thing at Halloween. It is a big deal and I have been to it a couple times years and years ago. It is also very pricey and it was not super impressive, but maybe it has changed since the last time I went.

2  Thank aprilsumner
Reviewed September 5, 2011

ALL SALES FINAL needs to be at the TOP of the board in LARGE letters. They certainly need to TELL YOU this fact on an OVERCAST DAY - B4 U PAY! Plus, some other options need to be made if you're NOT from TENN. Otherwise, can u wait out the rain when you've planned to stop in for some some FUN on your way home to another state? We had considered some other TENN attractions. Man, we wish we had gone to them. We had NO problem selecting the events WE WANTED to do @ Sir Goony's. They had NO problem HELPING us with the PRICING. However, they FAILED to mention BEFOREHAND that there are ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS, REGARDLESS of whether you live next door OR from ANOTHER PLANET! GAME ROOM & other INSIDE stuff is NO SUBSTITUTION for your tickets - you MUST spend more! Other subs were the batting cage, golf, & bumper boats. YOU'RE STILL GETTING WET idiots! Besides, if WE WANTED to bat & GET WET with golf (we tolerated the rain), & riding the boats, we would have PAID for that ORIGINALLY. Yeah, and the place IS RAGGEDY! However, the young men operating the rides were cordial enough! We just left while another family was at the counter expressing their disdain with the same issues about being from out-of-town with NO KNOWLEDGE beforehand... SIR GOONY'S ya'll ARE GOONS & OUT OF YOUR MINDS TO THINK WE WOULD EVER COME BACK - OH YEAH - even with NEW attitudes, NEW renovations & a RAINCHECK good for 1-year! ONE YEAR - what about NEVER, EVER, AGAIN!

2  Thank 1harris