“Great sounds in wonderful venue”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chattanooga Symphony and Opera Association
Ranked #79 of 153 things to do in Chattanooga
Reviewed April 20, 2012

The Tivoli is a wonderful old, restored theater and adds
ambiance to the overall musical experience. We live out of town and don't go as often as we would wish. We enjoy the traditioal as well as nontraditioal performances!

1  Thank Bknowing

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Great orchestra, great sound! They're truly a group of diverse musicians.

2  Thank Gavin__Hope
Reviewed March 18, 2012

What can I say. The symphony is probably one of the best for this size town in the United States. The City of Chattanooga rents the Tivoli to the symphony. The sound and acoustics are outstanding. The ticket prices are very reasonable.

2  Thank John T
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Bought season tickets for Masterworks; love classical music but in past thought performances a little cold.

New conductor Kayoko Dan has brought fire to the CSO. Feb 2 perf of Russian composers truly spectacular

Opened with early Russian; technically performed well but nothing to write a review about

Guest violinist for Prokofiev's concerto 2. Edgy and discordant; energetic modern. Classical w/o being classical; an intellectualist's dream of a performance

Tchaikovsky symphony 4 after intermission: words fail me. Beautiful. Fiery. Every musician at the peak of their performance and the maestra superb in conducting.

I haven't heard this quality all season. Orchestra is finally reaching body and mind and soul

Reviewed January 4, 2012

I had the chance to check them out when they perform with the Orchestra for Fidelo. I was really taken aback. I didn't really think I would enjoy an opera, I had to go for a paper I was writing in college. But, I was pleasantly surprised. Everyone should have to be wrong like this once in their lives!