“Laughter is the Best Medicine”

Vaudeville Cafe Murder Mystery Dinner Theater
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Actors perform a live family-friendly comedy show all around you as you eat your dinner and enjoy the action! This is dinner with fun and unpredictable outcomes. The actors follow a script and theme, but love to spontaneously involve some of the audience or say something unplanned. Although they love playing with the audience, they are always respectful of those who just enjoy watching. Get to know the characters as they work their way around the room. Spot a crime. Identify the culprit when the authorities arrive. Appropriate for all ages! Our box office is open Tuesday-Saturday 11am-4pm. Our shows are every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. Call us to purchase tickets or to book special events!
Morehead, Kentucky
“Laughter is the Best Medicine”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

For a weekend trip to Chattanooga, this was a fun-filled evening. The interaction of the actors with our table was great! Lots of laughs. Really enjoyed the evening.

• Visited December 2013
VaudevilleCafe, Front Office Manager at Vaudeville Cafe Murder Mystery Dinner Theater, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
We're so glad you spent part of your weekend in Chattanooga with us! We are proud to provide visitors and local Chattanoogan's with an entertaining option for their evenings! We hope you will come back to our NEW location that also features a new menu. Through improv and guest interaction our actors and actresses make every show unique!

Memphis, Tennessee
“Fun Times, Average Food”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our daughter attends college in Chattanooga and we go to the Vaudeville Cafe almost everytime we are in town for the entertainment. The buffet food is average, but acceptable. The chef went above and beyond to take care of our requests and give us the food we wanted.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Not Entertaining Whatsoever”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was one of the most excruciating experiences of my life. I was bored out of my mind and so was everyone at my table. There were other tables laughing and enjoying themselves, but they were the senior crowd. The food was buffet style and I'm fairly sure one person in our group was sick with food poisoning the next day from the subpar food. The storyline was convoluted and the acting was over the top wacky. One person in my group had been to a murder mystery dinner before in another town and mentioned how superior it was to this one. I would not recommend this whatsoever.

1 Thank Matt S
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fun time!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I had a great time here celebrating my best friend's birthday. The food was not hot. The chicken parmesan was bland in seasoning. We did not finish our dinner because it wasn't enjoyable. The alcohol was good. No buzz, but it was tasty. The staff was amazing. They were very interactive with patrons. I even got asked to go on stage. Lauren Suddeth from American Idol was celebrating her birthday there, so that was cool. Parking is limited, so arrive early!

Knoxville, Tennessee
“No Mystery but Plenty of Comedy”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Date of Visit: Saturday, Nov. 9, 2013
Pros: Good Food, Funny!
Cons: No Murder, Audience Participation

I had never been to a murder mystery before, and didn’t really know what to expect (although I had expected murder, and mystery). This particular show is more comedy than murder. While someone was “killed”, 99% of the focus was on the comedy – the clues, killer and eventually the victim made no sense whatsoever. That being said, the show was pretty darn funny (most of it anyway). The only part I was not crazy about was all the audience participation. The actors came around to each table to chat while we were eating, and carried on rediculous conversations while our food was getting cold. They also called several people up to the stage during the show, most of this was pretty funny too. But I was content just to watch, as were a few other people they tried to call out. The food has gotten bad reviews, but it wasn’t bad, quality was good, and buffet style. I didn’t see any meat dishes (fine with me) but lasagna, mac n cheese, salad, baked apples, spaghetti and sauce, veggie casserole, rolls and cheesecake (yum!) made up the entire selection. Good, but not high class I suppose. Of course it got cold quickly. Overall I’d say it’s worth a visit, if it sounds like something you’d like, we thought it was pretty good!