“Good Food and above average service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Ranked #110 of 826 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chattanooga, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food and above average service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

The feeling and welcome eventhough the wait was not that long, The food was served hot in a timely manner as well as served by a happy spirited wait person. it was an enjoyable experience.

Visited December 2012

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Not Just Cops And Steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Chop House is an old and established restaurant. Unlike what the name of this really great place conveys, there are far more choices of really good dishes than just chops and steaks. Granted, the steaks are very good and the chops tender and flavorful, but you just have to visit there more than once or twice to sample some of the really good selections.
My most recent visit was for Saturday lunch. Here you will find, along with the regular dinner menu, a lunch menu with dollar increment selections beginning with $8.00 entrees to $10.00 entrees. 30 entrees on the linch menu alone.
I chose the Roast Turkey & Avocado Sandwich… with Goat cheese, bacon and sweet potato fries. This was one of the best sandwiches I have ordered anywhere. The sweet potato fries are delicious as well. This particular location is always clean, the staff is friendly, and the food is consistently very good.
Go to the web site and check them out,,, or better yet next time you go out for meal, make your way to The Chop House !

• Visited November 2012
Florissant, Missouri
“Melts in your mouth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Best place for grilled pork chops, of course that is their speciality. But these chops just melt in your mouth, I have tried both the large cut and small cut and they are equally a delight. Be sure and get the mashed potatoes and creamed spinach as your sides, yummo! And you can't go wrong with a sweet potato either. Great bread too!

• Visited October 2012
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

My daughter and I ate their on a Monday for lunch. I had a crab cake with a house salad. My salad was really good. The crab cake was crispy on the side that was up. The other side was a little mushy. My daughter had fried green tomatoes which are usually really good. This time they could have been crispier. Just because its lunch doesn't mean I want my food rushed. I would like for it to be right. My daughter asked for a refill of tea. I never got a refill of my water. So service could step up some. Also the hostess at the door looked at us when we walked in then put her head down. I personally cannot stand that. She honestly looked like she just rolled out of bed. I am not sure that is the best person to have up front. Not a good first impression. Especially since they were not that busy. The decor is fine. I just think the place could use an overall good deep cleaning. There was alot of dust on the rock wall beside us. For me its not a deal breaker. The food is usually pretty good.

Chattanooga
“Good for a burger & clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We enjoyed burgers off the lunch menu, which were large & juicy: $ 7 for the regular cheeseburger with choice of 4 cheeses, and $10 for the "black & blue". Both came with tasty fries and were delicious. The Cuban sandwich ($10) wasn't very good: all the meat was stacked on one side, and the bread was somewhat stale.
Service was timely, but the waitress was no fun at all. She couldn't even work up a smile when she dropped off the bill-she didn't say anything! She was absolutely minimal in all areas and clearly distracted, so that put a bit of a damper on things, but otherwise the atmosphere was pleasant.
Overall, the experience was what I would have expected: clean place, hot tasty food at a decent price. I give it an average rating because it was just that:nothing bad, but nothing stood out as making me want to return. For 2 hamburgers, a cuban sandwich and 3 cokes, the bill came to $38. I'll spend that elsewhere next time.

• Visited October 2012