“Best Club Sandwich!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Country Place Restaurant - CLOSED

Country Place Restaurant
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Monroe, Michigan
“Best Club Sandwich!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Nice place, could be cleaner. Food was outstanding. The club sandwich had a full piece of ham and turkey - not processed meat. Best I have ever had - anywhere. My husband had an omelette (ham/cheese), he loved it. Nice and close place to where we were staying. Prices average.

Visited October 2012

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Not very good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Really looking forward to this, but really disappointed.

Arrived on a Saturday night at 5 PM. First, nice inside. Looks clean. Staff dressed real casual, but no big deal. Very few customers, and those there very old. 70+. Prompt waitress took our order. Seemed like it took awhile for such a slow night. But not too bad. But no rolls until dinner arrived.

Cornbread was very dry. Not much flavor. I ordered chicken fried steak. Ugh. Burned grease taste. Mashed potatoes ok. Gravy, boring. Not home taste. Disappointed. Fried green tomatoes, ok. Nothing special. Wife had ham. She said it was grisly and overcooked. More like jerky. Not good.

Kids had catfish. Just ok. Filet looked nice, but fingers looked double breaded and fried in that same dirty grease. Mac & cheese not bad.

Finally, little boys had fries. Seemed old, and burnt grease taste also. Desserts looked good, but didnt feel like it.

Really sad as I had read the other reviews and was really looking forward to a nice homestyle dinner. Not here.

• Visited October 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Nice Change of Pace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Great staff, nice little gift shop, fair prices. A nice place to eat every once in a while if you are looking for a meat and three with little fuss. Sometimes the food is amazing and sometimes it seems to be bland. Overall, never had a bad meal and I'm more than able to add my own salt and pepper.

Visited March 2012
Columbus, Georgia
“SO GOOD !!! Felt like HOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

ALL home-made food .. we stopped on Sunday and they had a full buffet and salad bar set out and homemade desserts that makes you think family reunions in the country ... the BEST ICE box lemon pie I have ever had !!!!!! the buffet is only on Sunday but they have daily specials, and homemade desserts everyday ! .. must stop in !

Visited May 2012
WI
“Country Place Restaurant ...Southern Comfy Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Talk about GREAT breakfast. Our hotel did not offer free breakfast so I decided I wanted something local. This place was recommened because we were too far from Wally's. I couldn't have been happier. The breakfast sampler was enough food for 2, but more importantly it was delicious. Can you say 2 eggs, ham, bacon (crispy of course), sausage, apples, grits, and 3 of the biggest home-made biscuits. Almost needed a nap after I ate as much as I did. Staff was friendly, courteous, and fast. BIG THUMBS UP!!!!

Visited April 2012