“Good atmosphere. Great food with good service.”
Review of River Street Deli

River Street Deli
Ranked #51 of 841 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Lots of "first come, first serve" seating for those who don't mind sitting near the bar...we would have waited for our table anyway.
Very popular place...lots of people there on the Friday night we visited. Lots of locals there. (we were not local!)

Reviewed August 5, 2012

They use a great local bread which makes any sandwich better. Their veggie sandwich is OUTSTANDING. Great lunch place anytime you are on Frazier Ave.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have to say that the food here was absolutely delicious (some of the best I've had) and we will DEFINITELY be coming back! We spoke to the owner and told him we had never been here before and he was very friendly in helping us make our decision. He recommended my boyfriend try the Rueben (it was the special) and he said it was the best sandwich he's ever had! (And he's been to NY!) I had the Lox and Bagel and it was absolutely simple, fresh, and delicious. As much as I love to try new things, I will be tempted to get this one again!

This is no fancy place, it's a down-home place where it seems all the locals go to hang out and have great food. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, and it was very comfortable and relaxed. The place is a little hard to find--It's not right on the main road, you have to drive around behind the building as it's only entrance is in the back on the lowest level (But even on a Sunday, we found a spot fine) you can also enter in through the front, but you have to go through a store to get to the staircase that takes you down there.

You cannot miss this place if you are visiting Chattanooga, or even just passing through! You will be back!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Food was pretty good but service was terrrible! I can not say enough about how extremely rude the owner was to me and my family. The only reason we even stayed to eat was because we have 3 children under 8 and they were extremely hot and tired and needed to rest but after having time to think about it I wished we would have forced them to walk on a little further - it wouldn't have hurt them but having given such a rude person my business was extremely painful!!!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

You are more likely to find this place featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives than Unique Eats. The place isn't exactly the Ritz but it doesn't need to be. The sandwiches are prepared fresh while music plays in the background. The staff is rough looking but as friendly as can be. Their recommendations were spot on and we enjoyed a satisfying lunch. The chicken salad is pretty darn good and the Muffaletta is a monster. You won't go away hungry.

1  Thank DukeofTravel