“Great food with a different atmosphere of colors of blue and flying kites.”
Review of Out of The Blue Bakery Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Friendly owner and employees. Great food and excellent desserts with affordable pricing. And if blue is your favorite color you are in the right place.

1  Thank shadowaero
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I eat at the Brainerd Rd location quite often as I work in the area. It is a spacious restaurant decorated with all the vibrantly colored kites hanging on the wall. It feels relaxed and I can enjoy a leisurely lunch. The owner and staff are very friendly. Everything I've ever had there is quite delicious. I have to admit I am hooked on the tilapia tacos with the chipotle slaw but unfortunately they only have them as a special one day a week. Also love their famous raspberry iced tea! There is plenty of parking in the back which is great too! I can't really think of anything negative except they don't have enough plugs to hook up to if I bring my laptop.

2  Thank inthevortex
Reviewed November 3, 2007

The Cafe has two locations - the main one is on Brainerd and the second at the River Park. Both serve the same foods. The River location has indoor and outdoor seating, so when you are at the park with the children, walking or riding bikes on the River Walk, it makes for a great location to stop by for lunch or a snack. They have great coffee, and homemade desserts, which are very good, but they never seem to have my favorite pie. Ice cream is also offered. The sandwiches are tasty, but the chicken salad lacks oomph. Fresh fruit is also an option. They decorate with and sell kites, and both places are very appealing. I would recommend the River location mainly because of the view.