“Awesome atmosphere, good food.”

Tony's Pasta Shop & Trattoria
Ranked #18 of 850 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very fresh-style Italian. Everything I saw looked good and came in really good portions. It was really busy, so the service was kind of slow, but the view and atmosphere from the second story porch was very pretty and romantic. I would totally go again and probably order the same thing!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I were treating our newphew and his wife to dinner along with their 20 month old son. They are long time local residents and they chose the place because they had been there several times and liked it.

I ordered calamari as an hors' douevre for the table. What a disappointment. The calamari was so over cooked and so tough that we could not chew it. I literally had to spit it out. I know if you cook calamari for more than a minute or so it becomes very tough. The good news is when I complained, they immediately said i wouldn't be charged for the dish. The waiter also said, "this does happen from time to time". What? They habitually over cook their calamari.

I ordered chicken tetrazini for my entree...another wretched mistake. The chicken was cubed, not pulled, the sauce and cheese was gloppy and it was missing mushrooms (I make the dish myself). The real mistake was i ordered the wrong thing. My wife's spinach filled canneloni must have been very good because she ate the "whole thing" which seldom happens at any restaurant. My nephew and his wife enjoyed their dishes of ravioli and a vegetarian pasta dish ordered the way "you" want it. They had a nice small spaghetti and marinara pasta for their son. We shared to desserts. I had there Rocky Road Cheese cake which was pretty good. The dinner for four plus infant was $115 including gratuity.

The service was good...no issues there. Maybe the problems were all due to my ordering the wrong dishes.

1  Thank GeorgeEB
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Aside waiting an hour (it was a race weekend) it was worth it. Gluten free pasta was yummy, bread was fresh and the mushroom soup was the best I've had. Wine selection was good, service was slow but the pasta was enough to offset. Fresh noodles made in house, cant complain about that.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I were in Chattanooga and had planned to go on a riverboat cruise for the afternoon and to eat a late lunch there, but we didn't make reservations in advance and ended up walking along the river and ended up in the Bluff View Art District. I love Italian food myself but didn't think he would want it for a late lunch, but my husband suggested it, so off to Tony's we went. There was a decent crowd inside and in the outdoor seating area, but we were seated immediately. To be honest, our server was nice but a little slow in checking back to fill our water glasses, checking on us after he brought our entrees, and bringing our check after we finished. The quality of the food made up for it, though. My husband ordered the spaghettini carbonara and a caesar salad, and I ordered the traditional lasagna. He said it was the best caesar salad he's ever had, and the bread that we received with olive oil and grated cheese was divine. I've never had olive oil with grated cheese before, but the taste, texture, and quality of cheese was incredible, and I've eaten a lot of different types of cheeses in my day. My husband's spaghettini carbonara tasted and smelled delicious with perfectly cooked bacon throughout the pasta and sauce. My lasagna was one of the best lasagna dishes I've ever had as well. Having said that, to be honest, even though the food was delicious, I felt it was a tad bit overpriced since the entrees came with no salad. Even a small side salad would have made the meal complete, but I thought it was ridiculous that my husband paid $5, almost half the price of his entree, just to get a salad. I would probably give Tony's three stars instead of four, because of the slow service and the omission of a salad with each entree, if the food weren't so darn good. But it IS good Italian food. And if we're ever in Chattanooga again, we will probably go back to Tony's.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Unless you are in to meat and sea food, the menu is very limited. The aircon. was on despite the weather being chilly. We moved once but it was no better. The service and the food were average but the prices were above average. We went there on our last night in Chattanooga because it was a one minute walk from where we were staying. We should have gone elsewhere.

1  Thank ater42