“A Real treat - Real English tea”
Review of English Rose

English Rose
Ranked #86 of 827 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Located in the renovated, historic, Grand Hotel, circa, 1897, in downtown Chattanooga. We have been in business since 1997. We offer a decidedly British cuisine with an American flair.
Hixson, Tennessee
“A Real treat - Real English tea”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great food, even better service. Fun little shop. Decor so tasteful. Don't know why I haven't been back. Thanks for the reminder.

guntersville,AL
“Fun afternoon”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My daughter and I visit tearooms as a special treat whenever we can find one. Who knew a great tearoom was less than two hours from where we live! The English Rose serves high tea all day. We were seated quickly and our waiter, Michael, I believe, was polite and very effecient. The china is very pretty and the tables have lace cloths. Very girly, but we saw many men enjoying lunch and, or tea. The afternoon tea comes with their house tea. I do wish they offered a bigger variety of teas. The tea was very good though and very hot! Nice tea cozies keep the pot warm! There was a bowl of sugar and a pitcher of cream for your tea. The top tier of the service had a variety of sandwiches including egg salad, salmon mousse, cream cheese and cucumber, and tomato and cheese. Sandwiches were fresh and good, not anything spectacular. The second tier were scones. They were some of the best we've ever had! Delicious! They were served with cream, jam and lemon curd. The bottom tier was made up of a variety of cookies (biscuits). These were just ok. They were from a box. All in all, the atmospere is very nice and pleasant, great service and I will definetly go back for tea and scones and maybe even try some other items off of their lunch menu!

• Visited January 2013
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
“LOVE IT!!!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I try to go to the Tearoom at least once a month. I love the atmosphere and the food. I like to meet my women friends there and visit and drink tea. the service is always good.

• Visited December 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“good atmosphere and good food for a special treat”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I took several girls and their mothers from my church to have tea there. We enjoyed scones and cream, sandwiches, and cookies. it was a fun and girly activity.

chattanooga
“Simply a wonder experience”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Only negative is that they need more seating. Good food. My favorite is the soup. Hard to choose from the soup of the day and their standby potato leek. Wonderful afternoon tea experience.

Visited May 2012