“Awesome meal!”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 850 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shallowford and Hamilton Place Blvd.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I ate here with a business partner while in Chattanooga. The resturant overall had a beautiful decor, although it is one of those darker resturants inside. Our service was great and we had absolutely no complaints. I had the ribs which were some of the better ribs I have eaten. They were very moist and fell off the bone as great ribs do! I will definitely return to this resturant on future trips to Chattanooga!!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This place is for people who find Outback too upscale. Our service was terrible, very slow, the order was wrong and they knowingly and unapologetically charged me double. The food was over salted and about as average as one could imagine. Even for being sandwiched between a mall and an interstate this was a let down. They did credit my bill and take off the appetizer with some bull about how I would be charged twice then credited back later or something. Their error my pain. I would avoid J. Alexander's by the mall in the future.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went on a busy Friday night, so we waited 35 minutes to be seated. It started out promising with an absolutely fantastic spinach dip, followed by a tasty Alex's salad.However, I found the main entree to be rather disappointing, considering the price. We both had steak, and while the medium rare New York strip was of generous proportion I found it to be lacking in flavor and tenderness. The rib eye was similar, with the added annoyance of having way too much fat. So as far as steaks go, I've had way better, way cheaper elsewhere.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a great evening with a group of nine from my husband's work. The service was great and she kept us all well satisfied. The only thing missing was those delicious mashed potatoes that I so look forward to every time. Bring BACK the Spud's they were a winner!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I have been eating at this J Alexanders for over 15 years. It has always been delicious and service great. We are so disappointed that our last two visits were just mediocre. The food has just not been as good. The mashed potatoes taste and look instant, nothing like what we have had in the past. Years ago, they did away with the honey croissants and now they have done away with croissants all together. This weekend, we were given sourdough bread and it was not good at all. With all of the wonderful one-of-a-kind restaurants in Chattanooga now, I think we'll pass on J Alexanders for awhile.