“Excellent service”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 841 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shallowford and Hamilton Place Blvd.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have lived in Chattanooga for about two years and have just discovered this gem! It's location is in a busy area, but well-hidden, so it is easy to forget it is there. We ate here last Saturday, December 8, 2012 at about 2:00 pm and the service was by far the best we have had anywhere in Chattanooga. I can't wait to go back again! Glasses were filled repeatedly, plates picked up regularly, and excellent attention to service all around. Staff was very pleasant and worked well together.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Went to eat based on friend's suggestion. Was very impressed. Waitress told us that the mac and cheese was not ordinary and I must say we agree completely! It was so delicious! Everything was great!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

When i walked in, i wanted to throw up, the smell of fresh cow beef made me gag! but i got over it...First off, we went with a group of 10 people and generally when we go out in big parties, we get ignore or not fully serviced bc the waitress or waiter will still get their tip off of gratuity. I have to say our waitress on Sunday (10/21/12) was excellent! We were in a "U" shape booth in the front having lunch sometime a little afternoon. For appetizer we had he shrimp, it was soo good! Love how they serve them with wooden sticks! For my entree, I had the salmon with wild rice and orzo! Let me say...amazing! For me, I am picky when it come to my salmon, this was good, but the wild rice and orzo was phenomenal! It was sooo good! You can taste every bit of ingredient that is in the rice. Sadly, even though the salmon was good, I enjoyed the rice more! My bf got the prime rib which was also really good! I've never had such awesome prime rib in my life! On the other hand, his mashed potatoes weren't so great. I'm not sure what's wrong with their potatoes, but they need to change the recipe. It's not good. Then for desert, we had the carrot cake! Wow, soo goods! So warm tasting! Thank you J. Alexander's in Chattanooga for a great experiences! I will deff. visit again!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Recently I took my teen age son to J. Alexanders for the first time. Now he too also loves going to this Fine Establishment. The food is always great and on time. Service is always spot on. The Waiters or Waitresses always know the menu and make appropriate suggestions. Never rushed, laid back, restaurant that I have frequented so many times. Even though prices are elevated a little more than the average restaurants, I have yet to have a bad meal. The Prime Rib is excellent. Spinach - Artichoke Dip with fresh chips are always a great starter. YUM !

Reviewed October 12, 2012

1st time we tried this chain restaurant and was impressed - nice veggie burger - nice guacamole appie -- friendly, prompt, excellent service... a little pricey but i guess you get what you pay for and their food certainly beats a 9.99 applebee special