“NYC-worthy restaurant”

St. John's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
St. John's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 854 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 13th St
Transit: Chattanooga's complimentary electric shuttle has a stop at the St. John's building.
Description: Chattanooga's most acclaimed restaurant, St. John's Restaurant serves inventive Regional American cuisine from Chef Daniel Lindley in a elegant, historic setting. St. John's superb staff will provide you with a warm and remarkable dining experience and delight you with an extensive and eclectic selection of wines.
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Chattanooga is very lucky to have such a wonderful restaurant in its midst. I have eaten here and at the little bit less formal Meeting Place next door around 10 times. I have never had an even remotely bad experience from the food to the service to everything. This includes dinners with my wife and large business dinners. Last week, I had the lamb while others enjoyed the quail breast wrapped in bacon. Exceptional!

1  Thank Trevinb

Reviewed December 21, 2013

From previous TA reviews, I knew St. John's was a top favorite for Chattanooga patrons. At the time of this review, it is rated #1 of all Chattanooga restaurants. With our 45th wedding anniversary coming up soon, I decided to make St. John's the choice for a special dinner.

I made advance reservations through Open Table (reservation booking service...I recommend you try it next time you need a restaurant reservation.) Our chosen day and time was available and I made the reservation on-line. As a part of the Open Table service, I was also able to order a nice flower arrangement to be delivered to St. John's for our

Because I had noted in our reservation that this was our anniversary, we received a little extra service..."Happy Anniversary!" from the hostess, nice table placement and, of course, our flowers were placed on our table and waiting for us.

Our waiter was also aware of our special occasion and our individual menus said "Happy Anniversary" at the top. He treated us great all evening long and handled our service with perfection. I decided to try the Warm Beet salad and it was a good choice. If you like beets, you'll love this dish. For our main meal, we had a couple of the steak entrées...wife had the roasted filet and I had the Wagyu Beef Steak. Both were prepared to perfection and tasted great. We finished the evening with a couple of cups of great coffee.

In my opinion, this is a place you might go for special occasions or events. Because of the cost (yes, it's expensive), I don't see this being a "regular" option for routine dining out. BUT, if you're looking for that special place to enjoy a special evening (or, lunch) then St. John's is well deserving of its high standing.

2  Thank Rick26
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I don't know why we waited so long about going to the restaurant. Maybe one of the reasons is we travel so much. It was a pleasure to find such a special gem right under over very nose. We took a couple of special friends and decided that we would all order something different so we could sample a wider selection of their menu. We had scallops and butternut soup with lobster for appetizers (both excellent). I had the duck, which was cook to perfection and everyone at the table loved! Our friends order the Venison and beef, both were excellent and I would highly recommend the beef. My husband had the sturgeon, which none of us had ever tried before and were very surprised by how good it was. For dessert each couple shared one, since we were so stuffed from our meal and the complimentary dishes being sent out by the chef. My husband and I shared the carrot cake soufflé (AMAZING), while our friends had the El Ray chocolate brownie with cardoon cedar ice cream (also AMAZING). The chef also sent out a complimentary selection of their ice creams in a wonderful crispy cone concoction. Overall, it was a wonderful meal with excellent service. This place is definitely on our "will return frequently" list.

1  Thank TennesseeTravelQueen
Reviewed December 17, 2013

There are two St. John's, one more formal and our choice less so, but the food there was exceedingly interesting, truly top-notch. Strange but wonderful décor, too.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We went to dinner with some good friends and had a wonderful evening. The service was outstanding and the food was spectacular! I started with squash soup with lobster. It was full of
lobster! Then I had beet salad that was delectable. I then had sole with Mussel broth and potatoes. Everything was done how I liked it. Desert was so great too. It was brownie with ice
cream but no ordinary brownie and no ordinary ice cream.