“Anyway you look at the place it is excellent”

St. John's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
St. John's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 837 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 13th St
Transit: Chattanooga's complimentary electric shuttle has a stop at the St. John's building.
Description: Chattanooga's most acclaimed restaurant, St. John's Restaurant serves inventive Regional American cuisine from Chef Daniel Lindley in a elegant, historic setting. St. John's superb staff will provide you with a warm and remarkable dining experience and delight you with an extensive and eclectic selection of wines.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Anyway you look at the place it is excellent”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

In a great location that we were able to walk to from the Choo Choo. We were greeted by the hostess and a manager when we dropped in to make our reservation. When we returned for diner at 8pm on Saturday the place was starting to fill. The menu is as fresh as promised and the items were cooked perfectly. Our server and the wait staff were all top notch. If you make a reservation or if possible get a table in main area. If you are in Chattanooga and you want to a wonderful this is the place!

• Visited September 2013

Tybee Island, Georgia
“Probably the best resaurant in Chattanooga”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is probably the best and most well organized restaurant in Chattanooga. The food is exceptional and presentation of flavors and local ingredients compliment the meal. it is difficult to choose from the menu knowing it is all good. Also, they had my reservation and cell from my last visit in their system. The staff was friendly and well organized with timing to the table. It is always one of my stops when in Chattanooga.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank tybeeeateeoutee
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Enjoyed our 10th anniversary at St. Johns Restaurant!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I regularly visit tripadvisor to find the best eats, stays, and activities for all of my vacations. So when I saw that this was #1 on the list I knew it was the place to take my wife for our 10th anniversary. Reservations can be made online with Open Table or call the restaurant. After making reservations online I saw someone posted a picture of one of their tables in front of a large window facing the Market street. So I called the restaurant and asked if I could be seated upstairs in front of this window. While speaking to the staff about my reservation she realized that my reservation was for St. John's Meeting and not for the restaurant and nicely changed it. I was so excited for dinner that night and was not disappointed. The only downside was I was seated at a window but it was towards the back of the restaurant that had an awful view of a parking lot. So my suggestion to anyone wanting the table with this view is to be specific about wanting the table facing Market street. I guess I just figured that since I had mentioned it was my anniversary that they would have seated me at this window, unless this table was already reserved. Which wasn't occupied until right before we left. Other than that we had a wonderful experience! They provided us with a menu that had Happy Anniversary on it which we took home to remember our great meal here. Our waitress was superb, answering all of our questions and making suggestions for my wife. We were even surprised with a small dish courtesy of the chef! I ordered the Wagyu beef zabuton steak which was amazing (I suggest ordering this medium rare since the meat continues to cook after it is served to you if you usually like your meat cooked medium). My wife had the free range chicken which she said was magnificent. Then we both ordered dessert which was a great ending to a wonderful meal! We definitely will come back here when we revisit Chattanooga with our kids (hopefully the staff can babysit them! haha).

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ABSOLUTELY DEEELICIOUS!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Every visit I have made to St. John's has been delightful. Food is 5-star and staff is always pleasant and knowledgeable. I would recommend this restaurant to ANYONE!!! If you are a Chattanoogan and haven't visited yet....you need to. If you are a traveler, make sure you make this one of your meals!!!!

Roskilde
“A strong recommendation for the Quail”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

A friend invited us here. We came late at 9pm and was immediately taken care of. We were 6 and shared four starters. Especially the tomato and mozzarella was great as well the plate of cheeses. But the duck butter was strange. My wife and my friend took the stuffed quail wrapped in bacon as their main course. It was excellent; they still talk about it. I had lamb which was good but not extraordinary. The Australian Grenache was sold out but the Layer Cake Shiraz was quite good.