“Gourmet in Chattanoga”

St. John's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
St. John's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 828 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 13th St
Transit: Chattanooga's complimentary electric shuttle has a stop at the St. John's building.
Description: Chattanooga's most acclaimed restaurant, St. John's Restaurant serves inventive Regional American cuisine from Chef Daniel Lindley in a elegant, historic setting. St. John's superb staff will provide you with a warm and remarkable dining experience and delight you with an extensive and eclectic selection of wines.
jacksonville
“Gourmet in Chattanoga”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

A welcome change from the usual travel-food and BBQ. A well-designed menu and great wine list. Attentive service in a clean, crisp white table linen decor, we enjoyed a range of favors from seared scallops with grilled cantaloupe to rack of lamb with fresh cherry reduction. A delightful end to a fun day in Chattanoga.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Delightful Evening ...”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Chattanooga and decided to try St. John's. I had the duck and it was as good as any I've ever had. The atmosphere of this restaurant is airy and comfortable. A wonderful meal all around!

West Palm Beach, Florida
“FAN FREAKING TASTIC”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Eating at some of the best restaurants in the US, this ranks right up there with the best of them. Nestled in the back corner off of Market St. you will find some of the best food and atmosphere there is.

Often times there are one or two highlights, but this entire meal was a highlight. The "peaches and cream" corn and lobster soup was phenomenal. The poblano pepper added something so special words can't accurately describe it. Beef tartare was impecible and some of the best I've experienced. I had the venison and it was mild and succulent. My wife had the chicken and kale gnocchi which was outstanding. Unlike any chicken I've had before. Dessert was a molten cake, and while good not great. The Jack Daniels ice cream was astounding. For a fine dining option - you can't go wrong.

1 Thank Foodislove3
Smyrna, Georgia
“New Customers Appreciated and it Shows!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We picked St John's of a local flier. It was our anniversary so we were looking for something nice and are we ever glad we chose this place. It hasan upscale appearance and food, but not attitude. Our server Ryan was great at explaining the menu and recommendations. We started off with Beef Tartar and the Beet Salad. Our first try of beef tartar and it was amazing! The beet salad was delicious, but a small serving. The right balance of citrus, sweet and salt. Our main course was the Duck which my husband enjoyed served with a delicious fennel medley that was full of flavor. My Chicken was perfectly moist and the gnochi soft and delicate. I ordered b/c pine nuts which I love and they were roasted perfectly. Something not easy to do IMO. We were served 2 complimentary soups. A gazpacho tomato and strawberry with pesto that had so many bursting flavors. This was actually our first taste of their cuisine. Then a cream of squash and zucchini warm soup that was light. Finally we chose theWild Herb Panna Cotta which was Ahhhmazing. A refreshing desert that finished our meal off perfectly. I believe it was from their local fare, so it may not be on the menu in future years, which would be sad, but I am not sure this restaurant can go wrong. Everything had beautiful presentation.

1 Thank Anika920
Cartersville, Georgia
“NYC Fine Dining in Chattanooga, Tennessee”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had an annual company holidays dinner at St. John's.

We had no idea that this level of dining existed in Chattanooga.

This is seriously fine dining, in every way as good as the Palm Restaurant or Gallagher's Steak House in NYC, where I've dined many times.

Waitress was NYC style professional. In Chattanooga!

I was impressed. What a great evening.

Any questions, just call me, Paul Quillen, at 770-382-1023.

• Visited December 2012