“Great Food + Quality Service = Uncle Larry's”

Uncle Larry's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 838 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Uncle Larry's Restaurant is a family owned business. We thank God first and foremost. We provide a down home fish fry environment. We offer Tilapia, Whiting, Perch and mouth watering Catfish. Come sit in with us and enjoy some good fish. "FISH SO GOOD IT'LL SMACK YA"
Atlanta, GA
“Great Food + Quality Service = Uncle Larry's”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

What does it take to be #1? A big dining area? A 10-page menu? A large waiting staff? Valet Parking? Well, Uncle Larry's doesn't have any of that. What they have is great food and quality service.

The internet gives the little guys a chance to compete with the big boys. On our first trip to Chattanooga, we looked up several places as most of us do on TripAdvisor. Uncle Larry's was ranked #1 and we've never been disappointed by any restaurants ranked #1 on this site. The trend continues.

Small place but Larry and his brother Kevin are big characters. My wife and I went for lunch on a Saturday and I had the steamed tilapia, she had a tilapia sandwich and we had several sides (hushpuppies, corn bread, cucumber salad). Adding the option of steamed instead of fried clearly shows how conscious Larry is. But the fried items were so lightly breaded that you won't have to worry about eating greasy food.

We topped it off with a strawberry cake and wow baby, that was gooooooooood. Simply put, visit Uncle Larry's, you won't regret it.

1 Thank CleoD

“Great fried fish”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We had fish variety plate. It was enough for two. I had fried green tomatoes to side. Amazing;) food! Must eat there. Owner there to serve you! Cook came out and asked how the food was. So friendly people. We pleased with the service and get belly full;)

1 Thank HungryToTry13
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Not #1”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I live in Chattanooga and have visited almost every restaurant in town. The people are great at Uncle Larry's, but the food is nothing that special. I did like how lightly the fish is fried; not heavily battered or oily, but crisp. The turnip greens tasted like canned and other sides just okay. I'm surprised this was listed as #1…I think maybe Uncle Larry has a lot of friends that have posted on TripAdvisor. I depend on TripAdvisor often when I travel and I would not list this as a "must-go-to" restaurant to a tourist.

1 Thank Babs R
Madrid, Spain
“This must be a joke!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I do pity Chattanooga people if this is the best restaurant they can go to, and I do pity some of the people who left a comment if its was the best meal they had on their holidays... Well, it was my worts so far, including plane meal.

On my school days, fish on the menu was everyone nightmare... I'd never think I was to pay for exactly the same awful fried fish. You may think I don't like fish. You're wrong, I love it, real good fresh fish. You people who commented before, don't know what that is.

I guess most of the comment were left by owner's family and friends, otherwise I can't explain such a high rate for so bad a food. The frequency of the comment is suspicious too. In addition, just 54 comment shouldn't rate any restaurant on first place. Top position should ask for more comments. My fault I didn't check the number of opinions before choosing the place.

At least, people was nice and it was cheap.

5 Thank Nur75
Huntsville, Alabama
“GREAT Food at Uncle Larry's Restaurant!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We are really happy we chose Uncle Larry's Restaurant for lunch when we recently visited Chattanooga! This is a family run business and everyone here make's you feel like you are part of the family too. The food and service were excellent. My husband and I shared a variety platter and all of the fish (catfish, tilapia, whiting, and perch) tasted great. We lived in Florida over 30 years and my husband (the fish connoisseur) said it was the BEST CATFISH he ever had! I really liked the hush puppies too. For dessert I got a homemade key lime cupcake made by Bev Muse of "Bev's Treats". I have to say it's the BEST CUPCAKE I have ever had! Very affordable prices too! Thank you Uncle Larry (and Bev)!

3 Thank Debbie G