“I wish Uncle Larry was my uncle!”

Uncle Larry's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 875 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Uncle Larry's Restaurant is a family owned business. We thank God first and foremost. We provide a down home fish fry environment. We offer Tilapia, Whiting, Perch and mouth watering Catfish. Come sit in with us and enjoy some good fish. "FISH SO GOOD IT'LL SMACK YA"
Reviewed August 8, 2014

No wonder this place is the No. 1 rated restaurant in Chattanooga! My wife and I had lunch here today after first reading about it on Trip Advisor a few weeks ago and talking about it ever since, but I think we delayed trying it because we read several reviewers reference how crowded it was. And considering what a tiny place this is, only six or seven tables, we thought that might indeed be a problem. But for our Friday lunch outing today, it was a breeze. And what a great experience! Absolutely fantastic food, the best fried fish you're going to get in this town, hot, crisp, lightly battered, perfectly cooked, and pretty great with hot sauce by the way, something I had not tried before! Combine that with delicious home-style sides, great service, and a thoroughly gracious and attentive Uncle Larry and his family, and this place is hard to beat! By the way, we asked Uncle Larry how he got into the restaurant business, something altogether new for him, and he told us that it all started with fish fries that he prepared at family reunions. I wish he was my uncle! Try out Uncle Larry's and enjoy!

3  Thank David G

Reviewed August 7, 2014

It is a hole in the wall place, until you walk in. The owners run the place themselves. They treated us like family; actually better than family! It is a Plain Jane, paper plate kind of place, but very clean and very efficiently ran. All the food was very good! We had a sampler platter with 3 different kinds of fish, and all were excellent! They also have several choices of home made dessert. All the great reviews are correct!

3  Thank lucy30740
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Trip advisor was right again!!! Variety platter had whiting, catfish, perch, and tilapia with two sides. Turnip greens, fried okra with a side of fried green tomato's. Everything was cooked to order the fish was lightly breaded, smacking hot and delicious. I wish I would have had room for desert but was unable to conquer that task. I met the owner Larry and his brother Kevin who made you feel welcomed and said they were "blessed" for our patronage. The atmosphere is simple, with paper cups and plastic forks and cups with the Torrence family making it reach the excellent rating. Street parking right in front and they close at 7pm M-TH 8pm F-SA closed S-M. I will definitely return when I'm back in the Chat.

2  Thank Nyormirror
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

This place has the best food we've had thus far, in Chattanooga. It is a very humble location, with owners on site. We went all out, because we trust trip advisor. We had fish, sides, cornbread, dessert, and fried green tomatoes. Every thing we had was absolutely wonderful, especially the fish!! So crispy, tender, and flavorful! The customers and crew were so friendly, we were laughing and joking. It was a much welcome site for us, it felt like home, hundreds of miles away from home. Thank you to the employees for making our night so wonderful. We will be back before we leave town!!

3  Thank Bellanebraska
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Super friendly staff and the best fried catfish ever! Don't mind the appearance...it's a hole in the wall kind of place but the staff greets with you a smile and makes sure you are taken care of. Plenty of food on your plate for affordable prices and if you don't like fish they have hot dogs too. The fried green tomatoes are a must order!

1  Thank Anna K