“Lived up to the reviews and more!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Ranked #3 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
GA
“Lived up to the reviews and more!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Family of five (myself, husband, 11yo, 10yo, 3 yo) stayed for two nights July 4-6th. We had a fantastic stay!
Location: Very convenient. Easy to get in and out of, near restaurants of all kinds, near the mall. Around 20 minutes to downtown but worth it for the amenities.
Lobby/Check-in:
First impression was WOW. Kids were amazed. Fountain is gorgeous. Feels really "high end." Free water and coffee with a nice display near the elevators. Three elevators to help ease crowds. These did get quite slow on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and one was out of order the last day. The only issue we had was that my husband prefers to take stairs to avoid waiting and they are very difficult to access from the lobby and rooms, you have to go through employee only areas. This did not bother me in the least because I never take the stairs especially to the 5th floor ha! We were able to check in early and rest/relax before heading out for our afternoon "Ride the Ducks" tour. Checked in around 1:45pm.
Room:
Room was clean and AC working great! Tons of room. We had a two room suite. Two queen beds with comfortable linens and down pillows furthest from the door. Decor is modern and has a clean feel. The two rooms have a mini bar type area with a cabinet housing the microwave and refrigerator. We had juicy juice style juice with us for the three year old and it fit in the fridge along with plenty of bottled water. There is a cabinet above the microwave as well where I could store some of our snacks and paper plates. There are two styrofoam cups with the coffee maker (it's a small brew into the cup type) and four total glass tumblers. Just FYI for anyone wondering. We wished we had brought some plasticware for eating leftovers.
The bar area is directly across from the bathroom and in between the two rooms. There is a door separating the bedroom area from the bathroom/bar and living area. The door is heavy and quite sound proof within reason (we have a three year old did I mention that? ha!). We were able to get her to sleep and with the door closed we could stay up and watch tv and not disturb her. It's a great set up and you really feel like you have two rooms. There's a tv in each room. We actually only heard any outside noise once during our stay, a child singing through the bathroom wall. I am a very light sleeper and was not disturbed, even by housekeeping early in the morning which usually bothers me. When we left for breakfast they were right outside and I wasn't able to hear any of the noise from them. The foldout couch was nice, my 11 year old slept great on it. We had plenty of room to walk in front of the bed when it was out. My 10 year old actually slept on the chaise lounge type area next to the fold out bed and had plenty of room. The queen beds were very comfortable and the shades great for keeping out light.
Breakfast/Evening Reception:
The first night there was a line at the bar as soon as the evening reception started. We didn't get any drinks but everyone we saw seemed to be enjoying that aspect, haha. We had veggies, dip, fruit, trail mix, popcorn (which ran out really quickly each night), fountain drinks, chips and salsa. If I had a bag of lettuce I could have easily made my own salad for dinner each night. The second night offerings were slightly different but mostly similar.
Breakfast was a little hectic Saturday morning but much lighter on Sunday. We were a little overwhelmed that the seating was full but then noticed the extra seating they had opened in the restaurant. It was a great option, much quieter. We opted to eat there even though the seating wasn't full on Sunday. Plenty of hot and cold options. Made to order omelettes were delicious.
Pool area:
The pool area had a hard time keeping towels supplied but it was a nice area with doors they opened to let in a breeze. Beautifully decorated outdoor area. It would be nice to have a hot tub, but the salt water pool was a hit with the kids of course!
Staff:
Everyone we dealt with was friendly, helpful, professional, and seemed to genuinely care that we were happy. I requested an extra towel on a note with our tip for housekeeping the first night (bc of the 3 kids thing, they only gave 4 towels) but they didn't add one. Not sure if they aren't allowed to put more or what. I asked one of the ladies in the hallway and she gave me one no trouble. Speaking of this, I saw one of the rollaway beds in the hallway and the mattress on it looked AMAZING. We would probably request on next time for the other older child.
BONUS:
I noted on our reservation that it was our anniversary weekend. When we got back from our first day outing we had a note on the desk that said check the fridge and there was a separate card wishing us a Happy Anniversary. In the fridge was a plate of chocolate covered strawberries! SUCH a wonderful treat for us. We were surprised and really grateful!

I read on one review that someone had a room with two bathrooms somehow. I had hoped to luck out, but I'm not sure which rooms have those, I'm wondering if someone will respond and let me know if that's something offered or how I can request that. Between dad and three kids an extra bathroom would be amazing!

I know this is a very long review, but I am trying to include as much information as possible, things I would want to know. We will never stay anywhere else in Chattanooga. We have found "our place" there.

Go. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank creativecarriet
paul_mezick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
My goodness, thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a long and detailed review of your recent visit with us here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place over Independance Day weekend - I am glad you found us to be a good location and enjoyed our overall services and facilities. We are honored that you chose to stay with us for such an important event as your Anniversary - thank you for letting me know! The room-type with the additional bathroom you referenced is one of our (5) "Hospitality Suites", which are our very best rooms and available at a higher rate than our standard suites, in case you are interested the next time you visit us. I appreciate your kind words about our staff and the service they provided to you as this means the most to me. Thank you for your business and please come back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on May 23 for one night and left the next morning to head to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. We loved this hotel. The assistant manager Jay was fun and friendly, the room was great, we enjoyed the evening reception, and the breakfast was outstanding. After our weeklong stay in Pigeon Forge we stopped here again for one night, May 30, before heading back to Louisiana the next morning. The assistant manager Jay recognized us when we walked in the door, welcomed us back and even asked us about our trip to Pigeon Forge. I thought it was so cool that he remembered us and was thoughtful enough to inquire about what we got to do and see there. I have already recommended this hotel to others and will absolutely stay here again when we are in this area. Just an awesome experience all the way around!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ANDRE K
Thank you so much for allowing us to be your "to and from" overnight stop during your recent trip to Pigeon Forge here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place. I am glad you were so pleased and enjoyed our offerings. Thanks, too, for the kind words about Jay Raynor - he is one of our best Service Ambassadors and does a tremendous job for us. I have already shared your review with and personally recognized him in front of his peers. Finally, thank you for the kind recommendation; I hope we will have the opportunity to be of service to you and your family again in the future.
Chattanooga
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The hotel is wonderful but you won't be able to sleep all through the night because of other visitors. It is hard for me to believe that people let their children stay up that late and run up and down the hallways in the middle of the night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Michael Dan B
paul_mezick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thanks for your feedback - I am glad you enjoyed the hotel but am very sorry your sleep was disturbed as you indicate. Did you call and let anyone know about the noise? We would have been happy to dispatch our Security Officer to address it. I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again - not every weekend is a July 4th weekend like this one was!! Thank you for your business and again my apologies about the noise.
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife, granddaughter and I stayed in the Chattanooga Embassy Suites on June 26, 2014. We normally don't travel often, usually no more than couple of trips per year, but when we do travel we really enjoy the extra space provided by the suite-type hotels. And, this Embassy Suites hotel was one of the best of genre that we have found.

Big, clean rooms, modern bath fixtures, great air conditioning, and perhaps best of all, a free breakfast buffet that was truly outstanding. Too many hotels have a breakfast buffet with tired eggs, hard biscuits and wilted fruit, but this Embassy Suites is definitely NOT in that category. The breakfast was cooked-to-order quality, and in fact included an omelet chef who did cook omelets to order if you wanted one. Outstanding service.

1 Thank SteveinGA5
My sincere thanks to you for choosing to stay with us here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga -Hamilton Place for such an important occasion - I truly hope your granddaughter had a great time! Did she have a chance to use our pool? I appreciate the kind feedback about our Made-to-Order Breakfast and will be sure to share your comments with the team there. Thanks again for staying with us and please think of us again for your next family trip!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We recently booked this hotel for a two night family stay. Even though it was 20 minutes from downtown, it was an easy drive, making the level of cleanliness well worth it. They allowed us to check in early since our room had already been cleaned, which allowed us more time to sight see downtown. The type of food they provided at breakfast free of charge, would have easily cost our family of 5 in excess of $30 at a breakfast style chain restaurant. The evening manager's reception was also an added plus! We will definitely stay here again when returning to use our annual aquarium pass. Excellent value!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tapo P
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent experience with us here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place; I am so very glad to know you and your family were pleased with our facilities and services, especially our free Made-to-Order Breakfast and complimentary Evening Reception. I really appreciate you choosing to stay out here with us vs. a downtown location - thank you so much for your business! We look forward to your return visit.
South Carolina
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were in town for a concert at Track 29. The Chattanooga Choo Choo would have been a much more convenient hotel as Track 29 is on the same grounds. However, the Choo Choo has such mixed reviews on TripAdvisor. Although this Embassy Suites was a 20 minute drive, I booked us here.

I showed up early and asked if early check-in was possible. They could not locate my reservation. I gave them my reservation number and they said that reservation was in a different name. I then showed the desk agent the confirmation e-mail on my phone. She verified everything and said that something was definitely wrong with the reservation because it was now under a different name. This was definitely not her fault, and possibly not the fault of the hotel itself. Once she understood the problem, she quickly corrected the situation and allowed me to check into the room early. Great customer service.

The managers reception is a nice touch, nothing fancy. My daughter eyed the popcorn bowl, but it was empty. Even though we were there for almost 30 minutes, it was never refilled. We got there about 5:50. The reception runs from 5:30 to 7:30, so you would think that it would still be kept stocked.

The room itself was clean, but an odd layout. There is no natural light to the main room, just the bedroom. We also found a sock on the floor left by the previous occupant. A sign that housekeeping didn't do a perfect job.

Breakfast was good, but very crowded at the time we went. I think everyone was trying to beat the 9:00 cutoff time. The line for omelets was over 20 people at one point. I don't even think they all knew they were in line just for omelets. While it's not unusual for weekday breakfast to end earlier than weekend, I think they may want to consider extended hours during the summer as the makeup was mostly families.

Overall, not an excellent hotel, but still very good, and I would stay there again.

1 Thank ModerationForMe
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit with us; while I am glad you were pleased with your overall experience I am very sorry about those few issues your encountered that caused you to be less than totally satisfied. We were extremely full and busy during your visit but that is no excuse - please accort my apologies. Thank you for ending your review on a positive note and please do visit us again if you travel back our way.
Crystal River, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This place seemed like it was brand new! Everything was spotless. The free breakfast would have been worth an extra $20.00! Iw I'll be trying hard to stay in an Embassy Suite property when I travel from now on. I'm a big fan!

Room Tip: Any room is great! We stayed right across from the elevators and didn't hear a thing! We didn...