“Wish I could rate Excellent....”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Ranked #3 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Hoover, Alabama
“Wish I could rate Excellent....”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed @ this ES four nights. Loved the location lots of dinning & shopping in the area.Enjoyed the managers reception every night except the second night. it was the bartender's first night, she must have fallen a sleep during her orientation that day.She was not a good drink maker.She told us she didn't have any salt for the class rim.What????? so,after two failed attempts @ drinks. We resorted to the saftest option WINE. Breakfast was somewhat disappointing, the omlets were good however, there wasn't much of a selection of b'fast items.
We are loyal to ES, so we were disaapointed with the limited choices. the juice tasted watered down.
The reason we can't rate this ES as excellent is the unfriendly front desk staff. We were
only treated warmly @ check-in & check-out. After that we didn't feel as if they cared if we were there of not. Saw the same staff each day of our stay. The employees would avoid making eye contact.Never did anyone say good morning or good evening upon our leaving in the mornings or on our return in the evening. Also, on check-in we notice that a remote was missing, when we called down to ask if there was only one remote for both TV's we were told there are two. We were asked if we checked? And they would send someone help us look for it.There wasn't a remote. Eventually someone came up with another remote. Would we stay @ this location again? Maybe...If we do hopefully the staff will have improved their people skills in making their stake holders feel welcome!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LTWEBB
paul_mezick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feeback regarding your recent visit with us; I am sincerely sorry we did not meet all your expectations as you indicate. I have shared your comments with the appropriate members of my management team here, none of whom were happy to learn of your concerns. I am especially troubled by your observations about our Front Desk staff; I do believe this was an isolated situation and not typical of the service we are known for here; however, I apologize to you nonetheless as there is no excuse for this. I hope your image of our hotel is not permanently tarnished and that you will give us another opportunity in the future - I am confident your next experience will be much better. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Amherst, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This hotel was AWESOME! Beautiful, new hotel, friendly staff, comfortable, nice rooms. This is the best and nicest Embassay Suites I have stayed in to date. Great restaurants next door and nearby. P.S. Loved the fire pit too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am very happy to know you were so pleased with your recent visit here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place; your comments are truly appreciated, thank you so much for your kind feedback. Thank you, as well, for your obvious loyalty to Embassy Suites - I hope you and your family will visit us again next time you are in Chattanooga. Thank you for your business!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Actually my wife has stayed here on business several times, but she took me along. Once. Great, new location in north Chattanooga, near the Shallowford Mall just off I 75. This puts it a ways from downtown, if that matters to you.

Not much new to say that hasn't been said by others....pretty new, Ruth's Chris in the building, food service excellent, always love the "Manager's Reception"! For those not up for an expensive steak, there is a Mellow Mushroom pizza place just across a pretty unbusy road. People have been known to get a pizza or calzone to go and bring it back and take full advantage of the aforementioned Manager's Reception. Just sayin'.

Oh, I have one complaint, from the trivial department. It drives me crazy when hotels, such as this one, put the toilet paper dispenser on the wall back beside the tank. I'm just not that much of a contortionist, so I removed the roll from the dispenser for the duration of our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
First, please express my sincere thanks to your wife for her frequent visits with us here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place - I truly appreciate this. Of course, I am also glad she decided to have you experience what we have to offer and I am pleased you were not disappointed. We are exactly12 miles from downtown Chattanooga and an easy drive to all the attractions our city offers. Did you actually enjoy a meal in Ruth's Chris Steak House while you were here? As for your comment about the toilet paper dispenser - noted! I will share with the designers whenever that opportunity presents itself. I hope you will return again soon.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The facility was clean. The service was excellent. The breakfast is wonderful. The location is perfect! It's just a great room in a great area! It's on the same exit with all the restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you staying with us here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place and for sharing your thoughts; I am very glad you enjoyed our services and facilities. Did you have a chance to experience our complimentary Evening Reception? If not, I hope you will return and allow us to be of service to you again.
fairfield,ct
Reviewed May 9, 2014

For me there are several sign that let me know if a hotel is great. One of the indicators of a great hotel is the way that you are greeted upon entering the hotel. Upon entering E.S you are greeted by a beautiful lobby and a staff that is warm and welcoming(day or night), another sign is the food(Ruth Chris is adjacent) E.B give a free Custom breakfast. The room decore and condition is another sign and the decore in this hotel is lovely. But the biggest sign for me in a great hotel is when something isn't right the staff takes care of imediately and so they did when I called down to the front desk to complain about the towel shortage(not enough) . The young lady Amy Lynn was polite and professional even though I was tiered and cranky,her kindness defused any attitude I may have had. Krudos to her and the entire staff for treating me like a valued
customer no matter what my disposition was. They give a good AAA rate and when they can they do upgrade. They are centerally located and easy to get to.

Room Tip: This hotel is about a year old and there really isn't any bad rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit with us here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place; I am pleased you found us to be a good location for you and felt we met your expectations. I am particularly grateful to you for the kind comments about our staff member AmyLynn and the manner in which she engaged with you - I will certainly share your comments with her. I realize Fairfield, CT, is quite a ways away but I do hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again should your travels bring you back this way. Thank you for your business!
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night while traveling through the area and was very happy with our suite. I liked the design of the suite and sitting room was separated from the bedroom. The bed was comfortable and it was a clean quiet stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
paul_mezick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for staying with us here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place; I am only sorry your visit was so short. I hope you had the chance to experience some of our unique offerings, like our complimentary Evening Reception and free Made-to-Order Breakfast. If not, perhaps you can return at some point in the future - thanks again!
boonsboro, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Facility is great, service great! Food great, and receptions generous. Lighting in room a little poor. Linens were white and clean. Towels were soft and quite absorbent. Coffee maker nice but you're out of luck if the brew pak is torn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your recent visit here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place; I am glad you were pleased with our services and facilities. I hope you will visit us again next time you travel back our way - thank you for your business!