“Kid friendly and a great deal!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Ranked #3 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Nashville, Tennessee
“Kid friendly and a great deal!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

So we set off from Nashville to Chattanooga for the Labor Day weekend to finish out our yearly membership with the Tennessee Aquarium with the kids (6-year old triplets) screaming “are we there yet?, are we there yet?” (We've all been there). Our goal this time was arrive a day early and take in a few extra attractions that Chattanooga had to offer.

Last year, we stayed at the Hampton Inn Lookout Mountain for roughly $130.00 for one night in one of the disabled accessible suites. It was a very average room with an average breakfast and over-all below average stay regardless of its close proximity to downtown, only a 10 minute drive. This time, I was determined to find something downtown within walking distance of the aquarium but was really disappointed to find that, if you want to walk to the aquarium, you’re going to pay a premium… in steps Trip Advisor.

Given the ridiculousness of the rates at hotels downtown, we decide to give the Embassy Suites at Hamilton Place a try because it has great reviews on Trip Advisor and it was only about a 15 minute drive from the aquarium. This decision most certainly paid off. I had made a reservation for the two-room suite days earlier, so when we arrived checking in was a breeze thanks to the professional and VERY friendly staff. Once in the room, we were pleased to find everything clean and comfortable. Something you seem to always notice in a hotel room is the scent of stale air, and thankfully, that was NOT to be found here.

The sectional sofa included a pull out bed that served as a comfortable sleep for two of the kids. I ordered up extra bedding to make up the extra part of the sectional for the third and room service delivered it within minutes of my request. Once we got the kids settled in for the evening it was nice to have a separate room to hide in and enjoy some parental quite time. I’m certainly not the connoisseur of toiletries, but my wife did comment how she appreciated the Evelyn and Crabtree soaps and shampoo, so rate that as a plus.

The next morning, we were all pleased to find one of the best breakfast buffets you’ll find at a hotel … and yes, it was included in the price of the room… yea! No hidden fees! After breakfast, we let the kids spend some time in the pretty good sized pool for being indoors and then headed out to the aquarium with well rested, well fed and excited little ones.

Overall, I give this hotel a five star rating since the accommodations, customer service, and breakfast buffet were well above your most similar hotels. However, I do have two minor gripes.
First, the king bed was a bit firm for my liking. I was able to sleep soundly for about 3 hours before my back woke up and decided it didn't like where it was. Second was the parking, but this is double edged sword. The hotel shares space with a Ruth’s Chris so when we arrived, there was very little accessible parking and, with a special needs child, an extra disabled parking space would have been appreciated. The flip side to that is they have a full kitchen to prepare one of the best hotel buffets I've ever enjoyed.

With that said, for everything that’s included in the reasonable price point of this hotel, only $30 more for a much lessor hotel, I can say with certainty that we’ll be back next year.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with kids, reserve the two room suite!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank tross1N
paul_mezick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
I cannot say thank you enough for the obvious time and effort you put into your extremely detailed feedback about your Labor Day weekend visit with us at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place, here in Chattanooga, TN. Clearly we were not necessarily going to be your first lodging choice and we are honored that you gave us the opportunity to be of service. Thank you so much for all the kind and positive comments, especially about our staff - I am so pleased you felt we met your expectations. I hope you and your children enjoyed the Tennessee Aquarium! We look forward to welcoming you all back again next time your travels bring you back to our City. Thank you again for your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Atlanta
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Embassy Suites Chattanooga is a great hotel for a weekend get-a-way or vacation to Chattanooga. The hotel service, food, and cleanliness were above standard and my husband and I enjoyed our trip. Personally, I think the hotel looks a lot better than the professional pictures provided which is not usually the case.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to couple, groups, and families traveling with kids.
The breakfast is included and is better than your average hotel with breakfast included. Regarding manager's reception, it is mostly light snacks (crackers, chex mix, etc) and free drinks which are not too bad.

If you have the pocket's to splurge, there is Ruth Chris connected to hotel and it will not disappoint. The food and service were great.

Because we did a quite of bit of sight-seeing, I didnt get a chance to check out the pool or exercise room. From what I can see, they both seem about standard for hotels.

Lastly, the location is nice too. It's in the Hamilton Mill Area so its across from a mall and surrounded by tons of other budget friendly restaurants. It is about 10-15 minutes from downtown.

We like this hotel a lot and will stay again on our next trip to Chattanooga.

2 Thank ATLGirl25
I am so very pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your recent weekend visit with us here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place here in Chattanooga, TN - it was certainly our pleasure to be of service and I am glad you felt our location, services and facilities met your expectations. Thanks, also, for experiencing our Ruth's Chris Steak House - best USDA Prime Beef in the City! Hopefully, you will both return soon and have a chance to use our Fitness Center, indoor Pool and Sun Deck. Thank you for your business and kind comments!
Mableton, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a great hotel. The staff was friendly. The appearance was fresh and in like new condition. The location was awesome, with access to the mall, restaurants and entertainment venues. The attention to detail as seen by the management staff was impressive. Clearly this is a new hotel and the leaders have the investment and service objectives of the owner in the forefront in mind.

2 Thank James T
paul_mezick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share such positive comments about your recent visit with us here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place in Chattanooga, TN - it is great to learn that you enjoyed our services and facilities and felt we were a good location for you. Did you have the chance to experience a meal in Ruth's Chris Steak House, located right here in the Hotel? Thank you, too, for the kind obervations about our team here - we certainly are proud of our new Hotel and want to do everything we can to keep it as pristine as possible as time goes by. Thanks for staying with and please consider us again if your travels bring you back this way.
Dawsonville , GA, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Nice property, fantastic front desk crew, good security, very convenient to Hamilton Place Mall and good restaurants in the area. The access was easily had from I-75 with easy turns to make it into the motel. All in all a very nice property. Over priced for the size of the rooms even thought the rooms are appointed nicely. Good comfortable sleep, good breakfast was had. I would certainly stay again but would check prices on other properties in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am pleased you enjoyed your recent with us here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place in Chattanooga, TN. I thank you particularly for your kind comments about our staff members you encountered which I will certainly share. Given our daily Cooked-to-Order Breakfast and nightly complimentary Evening Reception, both included in your room rate, I hope you found us a good value overall; these offerings are unique to Embassy Suites and not available to the same degree at our competition. I hope you will choose to stay with us again - thank you for your business.
El Cajon, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Bed comfortable,breakfast good, services good. Room on the small size compared to other extended stay hotels. Lobby was nice. Pool area seemed small also .Great hotel but getting in and out of bed on one side was difficult. No dressers to put clothes away.

1 Thank Beverly L
Thank you for staying with us here during your recent travels - we appreciate your business and your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your overall visit. It is apparent to me from your comments that you were assigned one of our room types that has an Armoire instead of a dresser - not all our rooms are of this type. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and hope this will not prevent you from choosing to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Chattanooga. Thank you again for your business.
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is by far the best hotel I've stayed in. Practically brand new. The inside design is incredible as you walk in. The room was phenomenal. Brand new, high quality furniture and very professional. The bed was excellent. Bathroom equipped with high quality towels, granite sink, and high quality soap/shampoo and shower. Curtains shut so pitch black to sleep. Bedroom had a door, so can shut for extra sound proofness. Dinner at the restaurant was out of this world. Try the gumbo soup! Breakfast was the best ever, which was complimentary. Made to order omlets. In the buffet was scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast, pancakes, fruit, danishes, cereal, and high quality juices. Fitness room had dumbbells and several treadmills. Nice pond to run around outside to get some jogging in. Fantastic location with several restaurants, a mall, and other high quality shops. Right off the interstate. Can be downtown in 10 minutes. I could not find a flaw. This place is a no-brainer. They are very military friendly. I salute them.

2 Thank KTM1234
Please accept my sincere thanks and appreciation to you for taking the time to write such incredibly kind and positive feedback about your recent visit with us here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place here in Chattanooga, TN. It truly is so very heartening to learn when we meet or exceed expectations and I am so proud that you felt we met that standard for you. Did you have a chance to visit Ruth's Chris Steak House, located right here in the Hotel? Best USDA Prime Beef in the City! If my assumption is correct and you are either an active or former member of our Armed Forces allow me to thank you not only for your patronage but for your service to our Country. I hope you will allow us the honor of being of service to you again in the future should your travels bring you back this way.
Baker, FL, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel, its staff, and location are terrific. But forget the evening reception. The liquor is the cheapest you can get, and tastes like raw alcohol. The snacks amount to "Goldfish" type, not the real thing, and other chips. The morning breakfasts are great, but there are not enough salt and pepper shakers to go around. Are they THAT expensive?

1 Thank Maurice W
Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts; while I am very pleased to know you felt we were a good location and that you enjoyed our staff service and overall facilities I am sorry that our Evening Reception did not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with the appropriate players in an effort to address the very helpful feedback you provided. It is our intention always strive to improve our offerings and I thank you again for your suggestions.