“Awesome Value- Unbelievable Hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Ranked #3 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Canton, Georgia, United States
“Awesome Value- Unbelievable Hotel”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel is by far the BEST 3 star hotel ever. In fact, I don't understand why they don't give Embassy Suites at Hamilton more stars. The beds are clouds, the breakfasts far exceed anything we've ever gotten at a hotel, and the staff are extremely professional. Stay at this hotel and experience luxury for an unbelievable value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Carinna B
paul_mezick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
It is with tremendous pride and appreciation that I read your very kind and positive feedback about your recent visit with us here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place in Chattanooga, TN. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts; I am so happy you enjoyed our services and facilities. I especially thank you for your comments about our staff - I will certainly share them. Please return again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Russellville, Alabama
Reviewed July 23, 2013

As a frequent visitor of Embassy Suites I have been anxiously awaiting the opening of this new hotel for more than a year. When first entering this property, I was struck by the beauty of the lobby and the bar-breakfast area. The room with two queen beds was what I expected-- well furnished (although a little drab) with very comfortable beds and bedding. However, the friends whom we met for our get-together had a king suite, and we were astonished to find their room was all one big room with no door separating the bedroom from the sitting area. This was the first time I have ever seen an Embassy Suites not having separate rooms in a unit. The evening reception was nice had there not been such long lines with many, many children in line for Shirley Temples. The breakfast bar was seriously crowded, and there definitely needed to be a division between the omelet line and the buffet line. Perhaps a sign to direct would help. We were also disappointed to find that this property does not have a shuttle. After partaking of the manager's reception it would be wonderful to have a shuttle to take guests to one of the many restaurants at the mall. Hopefully, this will be added in the near future. Knowing that this hotel is new encourages me to think that some of these issues will be addressed.

Room Tip: Highest floor keeps one from hearing overhead walking.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sjsr
paul_mezick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Many thanks to you both for staying with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga / Hamilton Place in Chattanooga, TN - I am please you enjoyed your overall experience. The room you describe is a brand new type for Embassy Suites "Design Option III", of which we are proudly one. In fact, this specific room has fast become one of our most requested types. As to the crowded conditions you mentioned at Breakfast and the Evening Reception, this was the result of an usually high number of families that were here with softball teams during your visit - I am sorry that this caused you inconvenience but I assure you this was an excpetion and not the norm. Thank you for your suggestion about a potenetial Shuttle; we are, in fact, considering adding this in the future. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to be of service to you again if and when your travel plans bring you back this way.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

They are still working out some new property bugs at this property. Our stay would have been perfect had it not been for the stain on the floor in our room and the desk clerks uncaring attitude about it. So we ask for the night manager, she at least seemed concerned but still did nothing about it. So after housekeeping had left the next afternoon, and the stain had not been cleaned, we called a third time. The day manager at least apologized (the first we received) and seemed very concerned over the issue.

I understand new properties need a period of time to work out issues such as these and this in no way has changed our attitude of Embassy Suites - we would even stay at this location again. It is a very nice new property and you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank MS_Vaquero
While we certainly strive to provide a "perfect" experience each time here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga / Hamilton Place in Chattanooga, TN, I am very sorry about and apologize for the soda stain that was inadvertently not addressed in your room before you checked-in and for not reacting as we should have when initially brought to our attention - there is no excuse for this, new hotel or not. It is my understanding that after speaking with Jay Raynor, our Assistant General Manager, you were quite fairly compensated for this inconvenience. Thank you for not allowing this incident to permanently tarnish your opinion of us - we look forward to you returning to stay with us again in the future.
Sweetwater, Tennessee
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Young families who don't need comfort will love this motel. It looks really nice with its retro-50s organic style and is flip-flop heaven with wet swimsuit-clad kids running everywhere. The staff puts out an evening fruit/cheese/drink bar in the large and crowded dining room. Breakfast consists of lines waiting for a hot, cooked meal and, again, kids running everywhere. As a more mature guest who travels often, I have specific criteria for grading lodging: 1. Is it clean? (Mostly; there was hair on the bathroom floor - C) 2. Is the mattress comfortable? (NO; too hard - F) 3. Are the pillows comfortable? (No; soft fluff - F) 4. Is the AC/Heat comfortable? (NO; temperatures alternate between freezing and stifling all night long under a weighty, hot duvet - FFF). We were not made aware that rooms have either a bathtub or a large shower; had we been given a choice, we would have switched rooms so that our young grandchildren had the tub and we had the shower. There is no noise insulation between bathroom and living area, and the toilet flush is LOUD. Our grown kids and grandkids may stay there in future, but we will not.

Room Tip: We had a great view of a pebble rooftop. If you don't care to look at rocks, request a room with...
1 Thank RamblingRose53
I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit. I realize your experience did not exactly met your expectations given how busy we were with our unusually high number of families while you were here, the result of summer softball tournaments. I do apologize to you for the issues you describe regarding your guestroom. I assure you that a future visit would not present to you the same obvious inconveniences in terms of crowds and I hope you will reconsider not returning. Thank you for staying with us.
Nashville, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel facilities were beautiful and the staff was awesome. The hotel is in a great location and there are a lot of restaurants nearby along with plenty of places to shop. I will certainly be back!

1 Thank Ace G
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent visit here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga / Hamilton Place in Chattanooga, TN - I am glad you felt our location met your needs and that you enjoyed your visit. You are right, there are a lot of restaurants nearby but remember that the very best is right here in the hotel - Ruth's Chris Steak House. Perhaps you can return soon for the best dining experience Chattanooga has to offer. Thank you for your business!
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed July 21, 2013

What an amazing hotel. On a long grueling trip with five children this hotel was an oasis! Attempting to combine work and family travel my wife stayed here with five younger children. The Suite was amazing and allowed space for all of the children to stay comfortably in one room while she and her adult daughter were able to stay in the queen size double beds in another room. It was very nice to have that space away given that they were all travelling in one vehicle for 2000 miles each way. The breakfast was laid out so that everyone was able to be fed with what each wanted.

The staff was very gracious with my last minute changes in that I was not going to be able to make it. Things that can happen when travelling with work. The staff made it very easy and turned what could have been a very stressful situation into a much needed break from the road and each other. I will plan to stay here every opportunity I get even if I have to go a bit out of my way to make it happen. I even got the Hilton Rewards credit card due to the fantastic experience from these Suites.

The facilities, decor, food and staff simply could not be improved upon!

Room Tip: Every room is amazing.
2 Thank Business T
paul_mezick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Your comments and feedback regarding your recent visit with us here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place in Chattanooga, TN, were such a real pleasure to read and very heartening. Thank you so much for taking the time not only to write to us here but also for your email to me which I received earlier today. Given the stresses and travel distances you mentioned I am really very pleased to know you felt we helped to lighten those burderns somewhat and allowed you at least a bit of relaxation. We look forward to your planned return visit in September that you mentioned - here's hoping it actually DOES turn out to be for pleasure and pleasure alone. Be sure to let me know when your plans firm-up so that I may meet and thank you in person for your kind words and your business - we will strive to continue to merit your ongoing trust and confidence in us. See you again soon!
Germantown, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Like the new decor! The open lobby area and wide halls. Rooms are larger which is fantastic. The "happy hour" or "Manager Redeption" was also a highlight for us. Grandkids loved the pool area. Staff was very helpful and professional.

1 Thank L S
I am so pleased to learn you and your grandchildren enjoyed our services and facilities here at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place in Chattanooga, TN, during your recent visit. Our 2-room Suites, Atrium Lobby and Evening Reception are just three of our pillar offerings - hopefully you also had a chance to experience our Cooked-to-Order Breakfast. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and for choosing to stay with us - please return again soon!