“Fantastic Food Find!!!”

Ranked #18 of 965 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 1885 Grill is a southern coastal restaurant specializing in fresh seafood, quality steaks and southern sides. We are located in the beautiful St. Elmo neighborhood at the base of the Incline Railway and scenic Lookout Mountain, just minutes from downtown Chattanooga. Enjoy the mountain views from the patio or watch as chefs turn fresh, local ingredients into delicious creations. Join us for live music Tuesday through Thursday, as well as Sunday and enjoy our daily specials.
Reviewed May 1, 2018

My wife and I located this restaurant online shortly after getting settled into our hotel. We were impressed with the prices on the menu as well as the items on it.

Parking was extremely tight; but we were fortunate to come across someone just pulling out of their parking space. Upon being seated, we were introduced to our host (named Skeeter). He far exceeded our expectations in not only catering to our needs but interacting with us...as if we were VIP guests at his home. He was very engaging and made our experience there a most enjoyable one.

Our appetizer was fried green tomatoes; and the pimento cheese made for an excellent compliment to the dish. For the main course, my wife had the fried flounder with a side of mac & cheese and collard greens (seasoned w/ smoked turkey) while I had the blackened trout with a side of mashed potatoes and sauteed green beans.

So the food was great and our host was great which made for a nice romantic anniversary dinner with my wife.

Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

Went with my husband for drinks and dinner. Service was superb and so was the food. The blueberry mojito was to die for.

1  Thank karly1024
Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

We decided to do a quick wkend trip to Chattanooga. Around dinner time everyone was hungry so I pulled up Trip Advisor to find a place to eat and we decided on this place. We got there around 730 and the place was packed. We waited an hour for a table but it was worth the wait. I ordered the Fried Flounder and it came with hush puppies and cole slaw. This was the best fried fish, it was crispy and light and seasoned perfectly. The hush puppies were the best I have ever had. I usually don't eat them but these were delish. They were crispy on the outside and tender and mouthwatering on the inside. My husband had the Steak and he said it was awesome. Like I said before this place is worth the wait. It's not expensive we spent about 60.00 and we also had cocktails.

1  Thank AngieGar50
Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

Good food, special was exceptional. Server was friendly and offered suggestions for things t9 do. Wide enough selection to find a good choice

1  Thank LT652014
Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

Bar tender amanda makes great drinks. Local deb joined us at the bar engaging in great conversation. Manager gave us samples of southern cooking. Our two dishes were delicious. Appetizers were sensational. Band perfect. Atmosphere a+. If back in this neck of the woods again, we will definitely stop back! Yummy. Comfortable. Welcoming. First class in a comfortable environment.