“Food and staff are amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 1885 Grill

1885 Grill
Ranked #11 of 822 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Food and staff are amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had an amazing experience at 1885. The staff greeted us and sat us after only a 5 minute wait on a rather busy Wednesday night (at which time I grabbed a quick cold beer and a glass of wine from the bar.) We enjoyed the pimento cheese and also the crab cake. My wife had a ribeye which was cooked to perfection. My boys had burger's which were "mouth watering". I had the fried chicken with collared greens and macaroni & cheese which honestly was better than grandma's. (Sorry grandma) I highly recommend this restaurant . We will return....

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Best restaurant ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I had the absolute best lunch I have had in a couple years! I started with the cheese empanadas! They were great!! As my main course I had the steak frite. I just want to say (again) it was the best lunch I have had in a while!!!

Illinois
“Good, but could be much better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

The atmosphere was nice, the food was disappointing. I had BBQ chicken, and the skin was rubbery. Our appetizer of fried okra, pimento cheese, and pita chips was delicious. My cheese grits were flavorless.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Fairview, Tennessee
“Pretty Basic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband had the shrimp and grits and really liked it. I had the vegetable plate and was disappointed. The mixed vegetables were some strips of zucchini. No bread or rolls were served and there was only one dessert option. Our table looked into the kitchen area, which was not really what I want to see when I eat out.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Calhoun, Georgia, United States
“Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Great location in cool neighborhood, beautiful patio just right for listening to some old time picking and fiddle along with scrumptious food attractively served. Our cute waitress knew the menu well and her recommendations were spot on. My pimento cheese burger was a dream come true, juicy, just rare enough and the pimento cheese was amazing. It was garnished with heirloom tomatoes, onion and romaine. I chose the homemade chips and they were perfect. Not too thick, super crisp and just salty enough. My friend's veggie plate looked fabulous and she said it tasted as good as it looked. Collard greens, cheese grits and various grilled squashes made a colorful contrast. They had a Bloody Mary & Mimosa bar, which we did not try. Maybe next time, cause there will be a next time.

• Visited October 2013