“Best hotel in Chattanooga for the money...”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place
Ranked #9 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed July 23, 2007

Great hotel, great location and great hotel staff. The whirlpool room is a must for couples. My girlfriend and I had a very pleasant experience during our stay here. I can honestly say that I would not have changed a thing... Highly recommended...

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 1, 2007

We just returned this weekend and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on Shallowford Rd. It's just off the interstate. We normally stay downtown, but all rooms were booked for a convention.

We booked a junior suite, because there were three of us. We got the suite for $145, and it included a wonderful full breakfast, with the most polite hostesses I have ever encountered! I believe the room rate was higher than it would normally be, because they had the advantage over us with all the other hotels booked - and we booked last minute. However, with a $10 pp breakfast included, the rate was not bad and there is not a parking fee.

Check in was very quick and we were 4th in line! The rooms were extremely clean, with the most comfortable king size bed I have slept on in a long time. The suite included a pull out couch , extra chair, a desk with free Internet and a coffee station. The bathroom was a good size and had the Hilton shower rod and a fantastic shower head.

Although a little ways out from downtown, I would recommend this property!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Hotelcritique
Reviewed May 3, 2007

Stayed here one night while transacting business in Chattanooga. Property is very nice and very clean. AAA rate was excellent ($99 + tax) which was quite a bit cheaper than the properties in downtown Chattanooga. This property is convenient to downtown, however--about 15-20 minutes away. Lots and lots of food choices at this exit, plus Hamilton Place Mall makes this a good location. The staff is friendly and efficient and the rooms are well stocked with in-room coffee and shampoos, lotions, etc. Lovely pool and exercise facility. I've stayed at several hotels at this exit over the years and this one is, by far, my favorite.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
5  Thank gsp_lab
Reviewed April 11, 2007

This hotel is about 10 minutes from the Downtown Chattanooga / Tennessee Aquarium area. The drive is easy (I-75 south to I-24 west and follow the ample signs).

In the past seven months, I have stayed in three different Hilton Garden Inns: Raritan Center, Edison NJ; Lexington KY; and Hamilton Place Mall, Chattanooga TN. My company also uses the local HGI at Stonecrest Mall in east Atlanta GA as the off-site location for meetings.

Each time I have stayed at a HGI, I have been most impressed with the efficiency, cleanliness and value of the chain.

The Hamilton Place Mall location in Chattanooga TN was no exception.

We are a party of four: My wife, 14-year-old girl, 5-year-old boy and me. We arrived on Friday, April 6 at noon, well before the check-in time of 3pm, so we drove the 1/2 mile to Hamilton Place Mall to burn off a couple of hours. This mall is huge and has everything you could want either inside or in the dozens of outparcel stores.

There is also a myriad of restaurants around the mall, including Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse, O'Charleys, Applebee's and Shoney's and all of the standard-issue fast food joints one can think of.

We had lunch, shopped and then went back to the HGI to check in.

The HGI staff was friendly, called me by name, explained the amenities and sent us up to our fifth-floor room, which was clean, smelled nice, the sheets and pillows were soft and comfortable and there were plenty of TV channels to occupy us in our downtime.

I used the very nicely equipped business center to check my e-mails and we all enjoyed the super-clean indoor pool. (HGI's indoor pools are a huge selling point to me when it comes to traveling with kids.) There is also a fitness center that appears to have every piece of equipment anyone might need, but I was more interested in the free cookies in the lobby. :)

Overall, this was another great HGI experience and I now use them exclusively whenever possible.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank Brian F
Reviewed May 9, 2006

my family and i were taking my sister to visit the university of tennesee at chattanooga and we decided to stay at the Hilton Garden Chattanooga/Hamilton Place based on the trip advisor review. when we made the reservations we reserved 2 rooms one with 1 bed and one with 2 beds. when we arrived to checkin around 12:30 (slightly early for checkin) we were told that there would be no rooms available until 3:00 further they had no 2 bed rooms left. after checking for a bit the gentleman at the desk found one and said he would reserve it for us. we had other things planned to do so we left to return later. when we came back to check in officially the lady at the desk still had us down for two one bed rooms still. after quite a bit of looking she found us one two bedroom. after we went to our rooms as i started to get ready for bed i noticed the sheets were dirty, not stained but had some unidentifiable dryed body fluids all over them. we called the front desk to ask for more. meanwhile after 45 min of waiting to go to bed i walked down to the desk and after a bit of a wait i got new sheets. the area is NOT within walking distance of the aquarium as one of the previous reviews stated. there is another hilton downtown that is. this one; however, this one is very close to hamilton place mall, i would't walk to it but its a two minute drive with traffic. overall i probably wouldn't stay at this location again.

• Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank lewis01utk
Reviewed April 9, 2006

Started out on bad foot, but all got resolved and had a happy ending. Arrived around 4-5 p.m. Had made reservations month or so in advance for my family (2 adult, 2 kids). Had reserved 2 queen beds for obvious reasons, and, as always nonsmoking. Arrived and only single king beds remained. Said could not ever guarantee those items. Certainly couldn't get all 4 of us in 1 king bed. Offered free upgrade to suite with king bed and pull-out couch. Whoopee? ... Didn't sound too cozy, so asked to see room. Turned out couch was a twin pull out, so certainly still wouldn't work. Very frustrated with prospect of proceeding to drive from hotel to hotel looking for one that was not sold out, especially since I had made reservations well in advance after having done my research, selected hotel with excellent ratings (on TripAdvisor) and in preferable area. Manager worked things out by moving others around who would be arriving later, although not sure why they would have gotten the 2 beds. Maybe Hilton club members got guarantees, so moved one of them? Anyway, that worked out fine. Had nice room. I slept wondefully on the beds. Pool was just right for the family. Everything was clean and well kept. Bar area very nice to have (especially after initial experience-he he).

This was a nice hotel, clean. Breakfast was not free, but was fully loaded with everything you could want, plus fresh items cooked to order included in buffet cost.

• Stayed: March 2006
7  Thank stretched2thin
Reviewed November 30, 2005

Second stay at this hotel. Standard HGI. Relatively new hotel, well maintained.
Check-in was quick, staff responsive to maintenance requests (had problem w/TV, quickly resolved). Applebees, O'Charleys, Shoneys w/in walking distance.
Typical HGI breakfast. Small lobby bar open in evening. Pricey drinks. A couple of appetizers provided by O'Charleys. Not the regular 'Managers Reception' you find at some other HGIs'
Wireless and wired internet available. Wireless signal weak in some rooms, front desk will provide cable if you need one.
Well equipped fitness room, clean, new equipment, all seemed to be in working order. Water and towels provided. Indoor pool and hot tub.
Remote printing from room to business center. Computers in business center could use some updating. Cybernanny software needs to be relaxed a little, prevented me from accessing my Excite email account.
Across the interstate from mall. A little bit of a hassle traffic wise to get there, but just about everything you could want is there.
Probably would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business