“Chattanooga TN Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place
Ranked #9 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Atlanta
“Chattanooga TN Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is my second time staying at this hotel while in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It was extremely clean and comfortable. The location was great as there are many restaurants close to the hotel. This Hilton Garden Inn will be my hotel of choice when I am in the Chattanooga area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michael D, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive feedback on trip advisor. I'm glad to see that you were happy with the hotel, and so happy to see that you were a returning guest. Our staff strives to make sure every guest is welcome and that they are comfortable throughout their stay. We hope to see you again soon, and hope to continue providing you with exceptional service. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Sylva, United States
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Very clean and comfortable place to stay. I will stay here again and would suggest this Hilton Garden Inn to everyone else. The coffee in the room was a very nice touch (Keurig). The hotel staff was defiantly the best part of the stay, they were willing to help with or point in the right direction of all of my needs.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for the kind words you had for our hotel. I am very happy to see that everything was to your liking, as we strive to make sure every guest has a great experience while they are here. I am also happy to see that you will be returning to stay with us during your future trips to Chattanooga. I will make sure and tell the staff that they made your stay a great one, and hope that we can achieve that same status of service for you in the future. Thanks again!
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is my favorite place to stay when visiting Chattanooga. The rooms are excellent. The staff members are very friendly and helpful! The location is within walking distance to many restaurants. Parking access is convenient.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Geoffrey S, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for giving your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are so happy that you chose us as your favorite hotel in Chattanooga and that our staff was great during your stays. We are also glad you were able to take advantage of all the nearby restaurants. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The Hamilton Place Hilton Garden is is your typical 3 - star hotel atmosphere. Seems really new and well maintained. Decorations are very attractive and modern. There is a small indoor pool, and a hotel bar (more of a corner in the lobby). The rooms were nice and a good size. Beds were comfortable to me, and I slept great. One person we were travelling with said it was too firm. I like firm, so I guess that is why i thought they were good! The small things like the curved shower curtain rod and the upgraded brand toiletries were a nice addition as well. All of this was more than acceptable, but is not what prompted me to write this review.

I don't know where this hotel hires their staff from, or what training they go through, but I spoke to three different people with different requests, and each one of them bent over backwards to make it happen. I was astonished, and everyone travelling with us couldn't believe how accomodating and happy the staff was. We were never a bother, they treated us like they were happy we were there. I wish I had gotten all of the names of everyone that helped us, but all I know is one was Michael B. the front desk manager. He helped us check in, and when I realized I had made a mistake in what I booked, and went back down, he informed me they were over booked, but to let him see what he could do. He spent as much time as it took to get everything settled, and I ended up in a better situation than if I had booked the correct rooms.

I had promised my son a swim in the pool one evening, but realized we were going to get there right at closing time. To prove to my son that I was doing everything I could do, I even called to see if we could stay 30 minutes past closing (knowing they couldn't bend the rules for us), and the answer? A chirpy, "Of course, ma'am, that isn't a problem at all!"

I have never stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn before, but if this is how they treat customers, I will choose this chain whenever it is an option. Well done! Also, if anyone at Hilton ever reads these reviews, I believe that this staff in particular deserves some recognition.

By the way, if you are here, go to eat at Sticky Fingers across the highway, same pleasurable customer service there as well (Red Robin - not so much)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank rjpjoiner
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel on trip advisor. We are absolutely delighted that our staff was able to take such great care of you while you were here. Our staff strives very hard to be the best in Chattanooga and I am so glad that you found them to be fantastic. I will certainly pass all your kind words along to them and we hope that we will see you again soon.

bremen, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This hotel is located near many great restaurants and an awesome mall. Our room was clean and comfortable but was located close to the elevator which was noisy at times. For some reason, our guest keys got reset and we were locked out of the hotel and our room. We had to walk around the front of the hotel, with our child, in 30 degree weather. Overall, it was a good stay. I just felt that the hotel staff should have compensated us for the inconvenience with the keys. We could have been offered free breakfast at the very least.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Geoffrey S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor. I am very glad to see that your room was clean and comfortable and that you had a good stay at our property. I am sorry to see that you encountered problems with your keys. If you do choose to stay with us again please email me first and I will see what I can do for you to make up for the key problems encountered during your last stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

geoffrey.street@hilton.com
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was just a quick trip to Chattanooga to visit the aquarium and enjoy a long weekend so we were hoping for a comfy, nice hotel. Although I had never stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn, I thought I remembered them as being very nice. I was very disappointed in this location. Our room smelled like, what we thought was, ammonia. After being in and out of the room several times, we decided it was not ammonia used to clean but maybe a cat had lived there for a week. It wasn't overpowering but it was not nice! The beds were not the plush, pillow tops I remembered. And, the pool was more like a bathtub than a pool with no jacuzzi whatsoever! With hordes of competition cheerleaders staying there, there was no room for us to swim Saturday night at all so we waited until Sunday morning. Got a decent rate but I wish I had spent more and stayed downtown instead! This was no bargain! And, when I mentioned the smell in the room to whoever was on the "zip out check out" line, the "Satisfaction Promise" was never mentioned. Sad.

Room Tip: Don't get room 316!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MelHD
Geoffrey S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I am terribly sorry for the experience you had at our property. I can assure you that this is not an acceptable standard for us and I have met with our housekeeping staff to ensure that this issue will not happen again in the future. I completely understand your frustrations and would have been equally as frustrated had I checked into a room with a bad odor. I do believe we have already spoken through email, but if you need anything else please do not hesitate to contact me and again I am terribly sorry for the experience you had at our hotel.

pennsylvania
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have stayed at Hilton Garden Hotels before and have never been disappointed. This hotel was no exception. The rooms were clean and the staff were very attentive, from the reception to the waitress at breakfast. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ForbesB
Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you have always had a great experience at Hilton Garden Inns, and that ours what no exception. Our staff works hard to make sure that every guest has a perfect stay and I will pass your kind words along to them. Again thank you so much for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.