“Great place to stay!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great place to stay!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay here. Great location; aways from downtown but we wanted that. Very close to mall and other shopping. Beautiful room and decor. Loved the professional dress code at front desk (suit and tie!). Definitely coming back when in Chattanooga. Excellent value.

that. Al

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Geoffrey S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am so glad you enjoyed our close proximity to the great shopping and dining options at Hamilton Place, and that you enjoyed our decor. Our desk staff will be happy to hear that someone enjoyed their dress code and I will pass this along to them. Thank you so much for your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

The room was well set up, clean (with a notation that the duvet covers were freshly cleaned:)! I thought I would like the idea that our room was at the end of a hall, however, I could hear outside noise all night (sounded like a semi was running all night). We arrived 1/2 hour before check-in time and were told our room number but that it wasn't ready yet at 2:30 pm. We came back 2 hours later and received a totally different room, so that excuse was not legit! Bills were to have been combined with another room but hadnt been. The counter insisted on our card. No problem...somehow this paperwork WAS corrected by the staff by morning without additional effort on our parties' part so I take it they straightened it out on their end. Nice place, but breakfast of approximately $10 is a bit high considering the bit pricey room fee.

Room Tip: King bed was great...avoid end of all rooms near O'Charleys!!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am glad to see you enjoyed the layout and cleanliness of your room. Our housekeeping staff works hard to ensure every room is spotless and I will pass your kind words on to them. I am sorry to see that you were not able to check in early. We do everything we can to allow for early check in, but sometimes it is not possible because of occupancy the night before. The reason you received a different room number when you returned was most likely because the room you were originally assigned was still dirty so the desk moved you to a room that had been cleaned since you left. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Curtice, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We didn't make reservations, so I was worried going in. We got a room at a very reasonable rate! What beauty, I have stayed in several Garden Inns and this one was right up there! I thought the bedding was very nice, the bed was a tiny bit hard and I am not sure the controls on the side did very much to alter it. But I still slept well. I have a cloud at home I sleep on. lol so It is hard to judge this bed! Nice and quiet also. Anyway, the room was clean, the bathroom functioned perfectly, both my husband and myself over indulged in the shower, just wonderful! Best was we walked across the tucked away street and went to eat dinner! AWESOME, especially since we have been on the road for like 3 days straight and really had a bad experience the night before! It the room had a wonderful little chair to sit in! And a ergo desk chair, I love being able to sit and read or work on my computers. It was easy to laze around and not rush out of this room! I did not like the coffee thing. Kruig? well there I like coffee..,., lots of coffee lol I bring my own coffee and wasn't able to make more. It's ok, I get that, that is the in thing right now, In the morning we did the zip exit and was out the door and off across the street this time to the Cracker Barrel. There were a lot of options across the street to go to! We were very happy with this stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are so glad to see that you loved our hotel and that you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby. It is great that you were able to relax and enjoy our rooms and the nearby restaurants after several days of driving. If you do choose to stay with us again feel free to call down to the desk and we would gladly bring up some extra coffee for your Keurig. Thank you again for your comments about our hotel and we hope to welcome you back soon.

cincinnati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Nicely run hotel. made to order breakfast is the morning is extra charge. Room was clean but a little outdated (i.e loud air conditioner under window). Location is good and they seem to have plenty of staff. Price was in line with other chains. definitely worth a look if your in the area.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Geoffrey S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that your room was clean. However I am sorry to see that your air conditioner was loud. I will meet with our maintenance department to ensure that the problem is fixed and if you ever encounter such a problem again please do not hesitate to let us know as we would be more than happy to fix this issue for you. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Franklin, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

The staff was very friendly. Rooms were clean, pool was clean and even had extra toys for kids to play with there. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying again. Lots to do around the hotel, Walking distance to shopping and restaurants. American grill in the hotel was ok. The beds sleep good, plenty of room in rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Geoffrey S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you and your kids were able to spend some time enjoying our pool. Also we are glad that you enjoyed our beds and comfortable rooms, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Redford, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

The staff could not have been nicer, but we slept very little due to the bed was awful. The lady during the week that took care of us for breakfast was The Best. She went over and above what we expected. The lady on Saturday & Sunday was okay, nicer on Sunday than Saturday. The desk staff was wonderful, everyone one of them and especially Jeffery.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our staff and that they did a great job taking care of you guys. However, I am sorry to see that the bed was uncomfortable. All of our king rooms do have the Garden Beds which feature adjustable firmness on each side of the bed. If you do choose to stay with us again you may want to consider a king room so that you can adjust the bed to perfectly fit your preference. I am terribly sorry for the problems you encountered but I do hope you will choose to give us another chance in the future.

United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

The mattress was lumpy and had mold stains on the side, the hot tub was dirty, with a foul smell when turned on and did not work properly, TV did not work (staff replaced the cable box) and then the volume control would not work (stuck at uncomfortable high level). Freezer was full of ice. These items should have been checked and corrected prior to a guest checking in. I did not have time or energy after driving all day to help you correct all that was wrong with the room. I asked to have the most pressing issues corrected so I could get some rest. And left the other issues to be corrected after I left. I have stayed with the brand hundreds of times....this was the worse experience I ever had!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am terribly sorry to see that you did not have a good experience at our hotel. I am sorry to see that you encountered so many issues during your stay with us and I have met with our staff to ensure that these problems were fixed and checked regularly to ensure that they do not happen again. I cannot apologize enough for the issues you encountered during your stay , but I appreciate you bringing them to our attention so they can be corrected.