Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place
$146
$136
Staybridge.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Royal Inn(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
$70
BestWestern.com
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
$76
All reviewsfront deskhamilton placenice hotelshopping and restaurantsroom was cleancracker barrelwould stay here againbusiness centerstaff was very friendlywithin walking distanceconvenient locationfitness centerbusiness tripenjoyed my stayindoor poolexcellent staygreat place to stay
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I will stay somewhere else on my next trip through town. The hotel does have the new lobby set up that HGIS is going to, but I didn't enjoy my stay. The TV remote control didn't change channels unless I was within 2 ft of the TV. You have 1 choice of almost average wine at the bar that will cost $8.25. My biggest grip is that there are no USA Today's - well they might get a half dozen, but they gone by the time I got downstairs before 8. When I asked about that, the front desk lady told that I could read it online which is why they don't get very many.
I've been a HH member since '87 and a Diamond since the program began. When I'm paying over $170 per night for my room, at least give me a paper.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.com. We value all feedback from our guests, whether it is positive or negative, and utilize it to improve our services and accommodations. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience when staying with us. Sometimes when housekeeping cleans the room, they accidentally knock the sensor from away from the front of the television, causing the remote to have difficulties with changing the channel on the television. This should have absolutely been noticed prior to your arrival, so that you would not encounter this issue. I will be sure to address this concern with our staff to ensure that it does not happen again in the future, to you or any other guest. I also apologize for our poor wine selection and pricing, and will be sure to see if our food and beverage department can seek some other options in this area. Regarding USA Today, unfortunately, Hilton as a brand has changed our standard to only allow for 30% of our occupied rooms to be ordered for newspaper delivery, as they have chosen to be a more environmentally friendly brand, saving on the paper that would be used in creating those newspapers, and they instead suggest utilizing an electronic form of the newspaper. Should you choose to give us another opportunity in the future, however, we would be more than happy to assist you by saving you a newspaper when they are delivered in the morning, so that you would be provided with a paper one regardless. Again, I am so very sorry that we did not live up to your rightful expectations, however, I do hope that we are given another opportunity to do so in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel with any other feedback or concerns that you may have, I would be more than happy to assist you further.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff disregards Hilton Honors status and after speaking with Hilton regarding a "queen suite" they stuck us in the "last room", a queen single room that was handicap accessible. I asked to purchase another room or even get a roll away, but the staff didn't want to be bothered to make our stay more comfortable.

I had specifically asked about the suite, and was assured that even with a late (8pm) arrival that we would have a suite. Not only was that not honored, we were placed right across from the elevators and ice/vending even though our Hilton Honors profile specifically states to place us away from these annoyances.

The woman checking us in also did not tell us about the $10 breakfast in the lobby. Nothing complimentary about this hotel!

In addition, the walls are PAPER thin and our toilet was quite wobbly - thank goodness there were the wall bars for the handicapped since one could easily fall off! Oh, and the noise of the traffic on the interstate rumbled all night.

I'm starting to think that they should rename the points program that Hilton offers.

Room Tip: Not a quiet hotel & poorly trained staff.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor.com regarding your recent stay with us. We value all feedback from our guests, whether it is positive or negative. I am so very sorry to hear of the poor experiences you encountered during your stay with us. I can assure you that we do, in fact, highly value our Hilton H Honors members, and their loyalty to our hotels. I wanted to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize to you on behalf of all of our staff members, as I am very upset that you encountered this type of service at our hotel. Regarding the room type, I am very sorry that we did not accommodate you properly in a suite, as you were told when making your reservations - we unfortunately do not have a room type that has two queen beds in a suite setting, however, we do have a king junior suite type that offers a pull-out sofa in the living room area. I do hope that if you are in the area again, and choose to give us another chance, that you are able to take advantage of this room type. I am also very sorry that the room you were in caused you to have noise disturbances throughout the night. I can completely understand your frustrations regarding this, as I would be equally as upset if I had a room in which I could not sleep due to noise from the surroundings. I also wanted to apologize for the breakfast not being explained properly. Unfortunately, our brand does not allow us to offer a complimentary breakfast option, however, if you are a Gold or Diamond Hilton H Honors member, you are entitled to a choice between 750 bonus points or complimentary breakfast during your stay as one of the perks of being a member. We also offer a bed and breakfast rate plan that does include the full breakfast buffet and cooked to order items (which would normally be included in the standard breakfast price) for a discounted price with the room. I am sincerely disturbed by your experience, as no guest, especially our loyal Hilton H Honors guests, should encounter this type of experience, and I will be sure to utilize your posting as a training tool for our staff members to ensure that we are living up to our standards of service, and providing pleasant and hospitable experiences to every guest of our hotel. I can assure you that this is not of our typical operational standards, and again, I am so terribly sorry that we did not meet your expectations, however, I do hope that you give us another opportunity to do so in the future.

Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything at all that I can do for you,

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Gatlinburg. The room was pretty nice. but there was 1 problem: breakfast. When I stay in a hotel, I expect a decent, FREE continental breakfast. Guess what I got there? Nothing. B/c the price was too dang high & I bet the food wasn't worth no $9!! That's just too much!! Ain't no way I'm gonna spend all that money on some cheaply made breakfast!! So that's why we went to Waffle House.

So, in conclusion, nice room. Make your breakfast free. Ain't nobody gonna spend that much money on that kind of breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thanking you for taking the time to provide your feedback here on TripAdvisor.com. We value all of our guest's feedback, positive or negative. I am very glad to see that you did enjoy your room while staying with us, however, I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations with our breakfast service. I definitely understand your frustrations regarding the breakfast at our property not being complimentary, as when you are traveling a great bonus is having breakfast offered at the hotel you are staying at. Unfortunately, our brand does not allow us to provide complimentary breakfast or a continental breakfast option; instead we offer the full breakfast buffet including cooked-to-order items, at the low price of $9.95 per adult. We do, however, offer a bed and breakfast rate plan that includes the breakfast with the room rate at a discounted price. I am so very sorry for this inconvenience during your stay, however, I do hope that you are able to take advantage of our bed and breakfast rate plan in the future, should you be in the Chattanooga area, and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back as a return guest at our hotel.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here overnight while traveling for Spring Break. The hotel is in a great location, right off the interstate, but the room was quiet. There were a lot of restaurants in the area to choose from. Both the hotel/ and our room were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide TripAdvisor.com with feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We love hearing feedback from our guests, and I am so happy to see that you had a pleasant stay here with us in Chattanooga. I am very glad that you were able to experience a quiet, good night's sleep while traveling, and I hope that when you are in the area again, that you choose the Hilton Garden Inn at Hamilton Place as your hotel destination again in the future.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Very Nice room lots of restaurants around and right off the freeway! Clean great Value! Helpful at front desk for any of your needs. Highly recommend. Would stay there again if ever traveling down in the area.

Room Tip: free wifi close to freeway
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor! Unfortunately, unlike many other Hilton Garden Inns, we do not have a restaurant for dinner service, however, we are in the area of many other restaurants, thanks to our location close to the Hamilton Place Mall. I am very glad to hear that you were able to find a restaurant of your liking in the area, and that our lack of a restaurant did not hinder your experience with us. I am also very glad to hear that our front desk staff was helpful and accommodating, as we strive to provide top notch service. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back as a return guest in the near future!