“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #10 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Ogdensburg, New York
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here one night for a business meeting in town. The staff was friendly and helpful. Staff even braved a terrible thunderstorm to pick me up at the airport. Room was nice and clean and the beds were comfortable. What you would expect at a Hilton Garden Inn. Only criticism is minor - the television channel selection was not good and as you surfed through the channels most of them said "unavailable." I didn't really come there to watch TV so it really didn't detract from my stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor! We value all of our guests feedback, and strive to ensure that every guest is completely satisfied. I am so very happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience during your visit, and I am also very glad to hear that we were able to pick you up from the airport during a storm. I also wanted to thank you for your feedback about our channel selection - I will be sure to share this information, in hopes that we might be able to broaden our selections a bit in order to accommodate additional channels, and verify our reception with our service provider. I am very sorry that you encountered this issue while staying with us, however, I am glad to see that this did not hinder your overall experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back as a return guest in the near future!

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great reception, wonderful customer service, true Southern hospitality. Clean bedrooms with great facilities. Breakfast was semi- at seat service which made a wonderful change from the buffet self service style again delivered with exceptional customer service. Recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank LorenzoVisentin
Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide TripAdvisor with your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your visit with us, and want to tank you for your kind words regarding our staff and our facilities. We very much look forward to your return in the near future!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton in Chattanooga near Shallowford Drive for a recent business trip in Chattanooga and had a good stay. The hotel has a lot of basic, useful amenities for the on-the-go businessman: indoor pool, excercise room, business room with full stationery, printer, etc. I was able to work from my desk in my room and get a lot done without hassle, and the pantry was useful for late night meals that I could take to my room and eat quickly. But for proper sit-down meals I could count on 3-4 restaurants in easy walking distance.

The business room was well-maintained too, which was a plus.

The room interior was charming, had a nice clean bathroom, etc.

My only concern was that the breakfast meal was not quite as good as other Hilton hotels I've stayed at. The price of $10 was reasonable but for the two meals I are there, the biscuits and gravy just weren't very good. Next time I might opt to eat out for breakfast.

With that said though, the service overall was great. The front desk and the wait-staff were both very friendly and helpful.

As a regular Hilton customer, I felt this hotel was another fine addition to the Hilton hotels I've visited across the US. Thanks Chattanooga!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank ph0kin
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about our hotel on TripAdvisor! We love receiving feedback from our recent guests, and I am so very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also very glad that we were able to meet all of your business travel needs. I also wanted to take the opportunity to apologize for our breakfast not living up to your rightful standards. I will be sure to share your feedback with our food and beverage department and we will be sure to make every effort to improve the quality of our breakfast. Hopefully the next time you are visiting Chattanooga, and stay at our location, the breakfast will be much more enjoyable! We look forward to welcoming you back as a return guest in the near future!
Franklin, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The front desk was exceptional with their service and very friendly. Made us feel welcomed from the time we entered the hotel. Clean and bright rooms, very quiet at night. Love the breatfast when we eat there, grandkids used the pool while we talked with other family memebers at the pool. Liked the new decor and updated front entrance. Courteous servers in the restraunt area. Had a wonderful stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to stay in the Hamilton Place/Shallowford area.

Room Tip: Upper rooms away from the elevator are usually the quietist.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara M
Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.com! Your feedback is valuable to both our hotel, as well as other travelers, and we especially love hearing positive feedback from our guests! I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our front desk staff went above and beyond the call of duty and were able to make you feel welcome and at home. I am also very glad to see that you were able to enjoy breakfast with us as well, and enjoy our indoor pool! I will be sure to print your review and share it with our team in recognition of their efforts! We look forward to welcoming you back as a return guest in the near future!

Paris, Tennessee
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The lobby was extremely small. Instead of a continental breakfast, they offered $10.00 buffet. The shower stall was slimy. The TV remote did not work and there was no freezer section to the micro frig which I needed for ice packs for arthritis. I stayed the second night at a Super 8 for 1/3 the cost which had everything the Hilton did not.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank joan p
Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We value all feedback and comments from our guests, whether it is positive or negative, as it helps us to improve our service and our hotel in general. I am so terribly sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. Unfortunately, our brand standards do not allow us to offer a complimentary breakfast option. Instead, we offer the full breakfast buffet, including cooked-to-order items at the $9.95 rate per adult. However, there are bed and breakfast rate plans that include the breakfast at a discounted price, which might be more of a valuable option, should you choose to stay with us again in the future. I will also be sure to pass along your feedback regarding the mini fridge not offering a freezer section, and maybe we can look into purchasing a different form of mini-fridge, to have available with a freezer section, should a guest request this item in their room. Regarding the remote control, I am so very sorry - we absolutely should have noticed this prior to your arrival, however, sometimes the batteries in the remote controls do die abruptly, even if we had checked it first. I do hope that we were able to assist you when you reported this issue to our front desk team, and hope that we brought you a new remote immediately. Again, I am so terribly sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us, however, I do hope that you give us another opportunity in the future to exceed your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly regarding any questions, concerns, or comments that you may have.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was my first time to visit the Hilton Garden Inn in Chattanooga/Hamilton Place. I found the staff to be courteous and caring and provided excellent service. In particular, Geoffrey Street, the gentleman at the front desk is friendly, helpful and was obviously concerned about all of his clientele. Geoffrey was going out of his way to make the stay an enjoyable one.

Another helpful person was Iris, who worked at the bar. She was very friendly and willing to do whatever needed to be done to accommodate people.
I would recommend this to anyone traveling to Chattanooga.

The only negative thing I have is about the decor. I did not care for the colors and some of the decor of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Veraphipps
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor! We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel, and I also love receiving compliments regarding our staff! I will be sure to pass your feedback along to Geoffrey and Iris in recognition of their service and helpfulness, along with their overall caring demeanors. I am so glad that both of these employees were able to connect with you during your stay, and that they also went out of their way to ensure that you had a great visit with us. Our decor is in the process of being altered, as the new Hilton Garden Inn brand standards do call for our lobby to appear more like "a garden". This is currently in the works, with a lot of the cosmetic changes having already occurred. Hopefully, it will all come together soon, and will look more appealing and welcoming during your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back as a return guest in the near future!

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Exceptional service, a close second to the RITZ. If Southern hospitality is what you are looking for, truly you can find it at this Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga/Hamilton Place. With convient location to the expressway, local restaurants, fuel, and shopping within a 1 to 3 mile radius. I would recommend this particular hotel and area in Chattanooga to coworkers, family and friends for a relaxing stay.

Room Tip: This hotel is in a perfect location. Easy access to the expressway, restaurants, and shopping.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor! We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your visit with us, and it makes me ecstatic that you would compare us to the Ritz! I am also very happy to hear that we were in a convenient location to where you needed to be, and that we were able to provide outstanding service during your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back as a return guest in the near future!