“Enjoyed our stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place
Ranked #9 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. This hotel has a room service arrangement with a nearby restaurant (can't recall the name). We wanted to stay in to watch a high school basketball game that was being streamed so we ordered room service. The food arrived promptly and was fantastic. The wi-fi worked flawlessly. An overall very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay on TripAdvisor.com! Also, thank you so much for your kind words - we are so very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and also enjoyed the room service option that we provide with O'Charley's. It is always great to hear about pleasant experiences at our hotel, and I am very happy that yours was one of them! We hope to weclome you back as a return guest in the near future!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed in this hotel during the Thanksgiving weekend for our wedding anniversary. Our room had a king bed, whirlpool tub, mini fridge, and microwave.

Pros:
Clean room
Microwave and fridge to keep and reheat leftovers
Great location - actually preferred the hamilton area over downtown. Our location had plenty of restaurants (some even within walking distance), shopping, and was about 15-20 minutes from downtown. We had to travel to all of the attractions, but enjoyed the ample parking in our area over the lack of parking downtown.
Whirlpool tub - great for relaxing after a long day of activities. Very romantic too. Could also enjoy watching TV from the tub as well.

Cons:
Uncomfortable bed. We had an "adjustable" bed that didn't work. It was stuck on the firmest setting, so we slept on top of the covers for extra padding. I was OK after improvising, but my husband was still not comfortable.
Fire alarm went off every morning waking us up. This happened during breakfast every morning when they would burn food. It was quite a rude awakening, especially saturday morning at 6am.

Room Tip: Splurge for the whirlpool tub - great at the end of the day!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to hear that you preferred our location and enjoyed your visit with us. I also wanted to take the time to personally apologize on behalf of the hotel for the inconveniences caused by the smoke alarm going off during your stay - I can completely understand your frustrations with this happening, especially when it startles you out of sleep! We have met with our maintenance department to contact the company that services our smoke detectors, as we have found that many times, the fire alarms are set off due to breakfast being burnt or guests burning bagels in the toaster oven. We are hoping to have the sensitivity issue with our smoke detectors adjusted promptly, so that this does not occur to you, or any other guest in the future. I am terribly sorry that this happened during your stay, and I also apologize for the discomfort you experienced with the mattress in your room. We do offer Garden Sleep System mattresses in our King sized rooms, which would be the adjustable mattress that you experienced. (We will also be sure to test these mattresses to be sure that they are operating properly in the future, so that if they are not functioning properly, we can immediately resolve the problem prior to a guest finding it to be uncomfortable.) On the other hand, we offer Serta mattresses in our Queen sized rooms. We would be more than happy to assist you in choosing a more comfortable option during your next stay with us, so that you do not encounter this issue again either. I am very pleased to see that you did, however, enjoy the whirlpool room during your visit, especially being that it was your anniversary - I'm glad that the room added a nice touch to your occasion. Again, I am very sorry that you experienced these issues during your stay, however, I do hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future, and that we live up to our standards of exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Traveled from Nashville to Chattanooga to have lunch with family and friends and had the good fortune of a stay in the Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton Place. Nice, clean hotel, comfy beds, wonderful front desk staff (very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful). We were within walking distance of many good restaurants and today had a great breakfast in the hotel. It was not free, but made to order, with excellent omelets. Well worth the $9.99 charge as we didnt have to drive anywhere and wait in line for service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your visit to our hotel on TripAdvisor - we love hearing positive comments, as well as constructive feedback. I'm so happy to hear that your experience with us was a pleasant one, and that you found our front desk staff to be very friendly and helpful! I'm also very glad that you were able to enjoy breakfast with us, and had an excellent omelet - I love them as well! I hope that we can welcome you back as a return guest at our hotel in the near future!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had stayed here about 3 years ago several times on trips to Florida from Ohio. The hotel was starting to show some wear and tear. Decided to try it out again and was very pleasantly surprised. Check in was great and staff person was very friendly. Room was very clean, everything worked and was new looking. I would definitely stay here again. The ONLY negative for me is the price is a little high. I guess it was worth it though!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank J G
Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel on TripAdvisor - we love hearing positive comments, as well as constructive feedback. I am very happy to see that your experience was exceptional! We have recently renovated approximately a year or so ago, so I am very glad that you decided to give us another opportunity to "wow" you. Our prices do tend to change regularly, and I do hope that the next time you are looking for a hotel in the Chattanooga area, our price is much more reasonable for you. I am glad that you will return to our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you as a return guest in the near future!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I only travel a few times a year but the places tend to look alike. This place was chosen for its location. What a great find. Friendly staff, clean hotel, and a fresh attractive feel lent pluses to this hotel. I would stay again. There are a number of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, and thank you for your kind feedback regarding our hotel! We strive to provide excellence, and I am very happy to see that we met and exceeded your expectations! We look forward to welcoming you as a guest again in the near future!

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Clean comfortable hotel in a great location near Hamilton Mall--convenient to shopping and dining. Staff that we met were pleasant and helpful. We have become "spoiled" when it comes to free breakfast at hotels. Full hot breakfast was offered for a fee, however.

Room Tip: Since our room was so quiet and comfortable -- unsure how to choose a better room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Krystal J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on your recent stay with us. We strive to offer perfect 10 service and a perfect 10 experience. I am so glad to see that you were satisfied with your stay, and loved the room that you were in! I'm also very happy to see that you were pleased by our staff, and I will be sure to share your feedback with our front desk team members, and the rest of our staff as well! I do apologize for not having a complimentary breakfast, and do understand how we all get used to getting free breakfast at hotels. Unfortunately, our brand does not allow us to offer a complimentary breakfast, however, there is an option in the future to book a Bed and Breakfast rate plan that includes a discounted breakfast price. I hope that you will take advantage of this offer in the future, and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again as well.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed October 13, 2012

After five weeks on the road on my motorcycle, staying in some real dumps, I breathed anew when entering the gorgeous lobby of this hotel. The front-desk staff seemed genuinely pleased to see this tall stranger dressed in motorcycle protective gear. They even had me park the bike where they could keep and eye on it.

Soon I was in a huge corner room which was clean and capacious (I guess that's redundant) and it even had an adjustable-firmness bed! Woh! Helllo HGI, goodbye dumps!

Pamper yourself...go here. OK?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
AshleyGaoa, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on your recent stay with us. I love to hear from our guests, especially when it is great experiences like yours! It's wonderful to hear that our staff took great care of you and your bike. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next bike ride through Chattanooga. I can assure you we will have a spacious, clean room ready and waiting for you!

Thank you again for reviewing our property. We hope to see you again soon!

Ashley Gaoa