“Great Staff Experience...Fine Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place
Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Chestnut Hill, MA
“Great Staff Experience...Fine Hotel”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

After five weeks on the road on my motorcycle, staying in some real dumps, I breathed anew when entering the gorgeous lobby of this hotel. The front-desk staff seemed genuinely pleased to see this tall stranger dressed in motorcycle protective gear. They even had me park the bike where they could keep and eye on it.

Soon I was in a huge corner room which was clean and capacious (I guess that's redundant) and it even had an adjustable-firmness bed! Woh! Helllo HGI, goodbye dumps!

Pamper yourself...go here. OK?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
AshleyGaoa, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on your recent stay with us. I love to hear from our guests, especially when it is great experiences like yours! It's wonderful to hear that our staff took great care of you and your bike. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next bike ride through Chattanooga. I can assure you we will have a spacious, clean room ready and waiting for you!

Thank you again for reviewing our property. We hope to see you again soon!

Ashley Gaoa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this Hilton Garden inn. We were welcomed by a very friendly staff and the rooms were roomy clean and comfortable. The hotel was very close to everything we needed and had plenty of parking. I highly recommend staying here if you are in Chattanooga.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AshleyGaoa, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property on your recent stay with us. We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your review with our staff and I know it will make our team very happy! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Chattanooga!

Thank you!
Ocean City, New Jersey
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I travel alot for work and stayed there for 2 weeks. The people will do anything to amke your stay comfortable. It is truly a home away from home. The hotel is no different than any other HGI, but the employees make the difference.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Fairly standard HGI. The mattress in my room did not adjust but that seems to be the case more times that not. The breakfast was sub par for the chain. The sausage was extremely bland and the gravy was bland and oily. The property is a little dated but clean and fairly well maintained.

• Stayed August 2012
White House, Tennessee
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The king bed with adjustable softness dial was perfect for my wife and I who like 2 different levels of firmness. The room was very spacious and the hotel itself was very clean. We did not eat breakfast but felt like $9.95 per person was a little high.

• Stayed August 2012
AshleyGaoa, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property on your receipt stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I hate that you didn't have breakfast with us. It is a great breakfast buffet with cooked to order items. You can have eggs any way imaginable, French toast, pancakes, you name it! Next time you are in Chattanooga, please visit us again and check for our Bed N Breakfast package that includes breakfast with your room rate.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to hear from you again soon!

Director of Sales
Medway, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Driving cross country we needed a place to sleep & I tried the other hotels first near this one, I was afraid of the price. But they were sold out, what a blessing!! I went here and with my AAA only paid 99 for this. It was my husband, son and nephew. The room was soo cool (it was hot that day and we had been on the road for 17 hours!!), the beds were incredibly comfortable (we actually overslept because we didn't want to leave the beds), the staff was very friendly.
We did have to pay for breakfast but it was reasonable and very tasty! One of the best egg white omelets I've ever had.

• Stayed July 2012
AshleyGaoa, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to rest up after driving across country. I am sharing your review with our staff so they are all aware of a job well done! Thank you again for reviewing our property and we hope to see you on your next visit to Chattanooga!

Director of Sales
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Their Advertising lies. The hotel was great, spacey, very clean, there was usually somebody waiting at the front desk to help. We got the king size "comfort level adjustable bed" with the whirlpool for a 2 night stay. Everything was great, worked well, until.... the bed was a king, but not adjustable and was very firm, however it was clean and the pillows were comfortable. There was no handsoap or complimentary little shampoos and stuff for us even though the dishes were left in the bathroom as if there should have been? The "pantry" they advertise is not free. There are no free breakfasts, we learned the hard way, as right as we were finishing up we got a bill of $15.79 for one bagel (we split it between two of us), 2 muffins and 2 orange juices. $15. Really? And as one person posted before, the waitress asked if there was anything else "she" could get for us. We served ourselves! The stale food we ate was not worth $15. There is free in room wifi (omg, something for free!) that does provide a strong signal. The hotels location is also not very convenient. Its atleast a 10 mile journey down the interstate to major attractions. Had I known all of this before, we would have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown that is literally directly across the street from the Aquarium, right next to the IMAX and right down the road from the River Gourge Explorer and other boat tours, etc. SO, the hotel is nice, the rooms are very nice (except for missing stuff? ya'll really cant afford to spring for handsoap for your guests?). If I had to I'd stay there again in a heartbeat but since I get the freedom to choose.... I feel my moneys better spent else-where. They just charge too much with not enough standard perks that even cheap little fleabag motels offer such as the free breakfast... and handsoap.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leigh j
Thank you for review our property on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback very much. I would like to discuss your stay further. If you don't mind, would you e-mail me or call me so we can solve the issues with your stay? My email is Ashley.Gaoa@hilton.com and my direct line is 423-308-4401.

Thank you for your time.