“Great Hangout”

Flying Squirrel
Ranked #23 of 873 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: We are 21+ except for Sunday brunch.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I went here for an after work meeting and was very impressed with the atmosphere. Great food and great service. Alex, our server, was extremely knowledgeable of the drink menu and everything they offered. I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for a great bar with an awesome atmosphere.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Amusing to the palette. Both Phillipe and Sanders bring a level of finesse to an otherwise somber dining town. Breath of fresh air. Thank you flying squirrel for everything you are doing and keep it up!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Flying Squirrel is just beautiful to look at- inside and out. It's a fantastic place to have drinks, and their small plates are delicious. Service is excellent, and you can tell that the owners are very hands on and very involved in every detail of running this fine gathering place. They also offer a Sunday brunch which was excellent. Coffee was good as well. You may have to wait in line to get in but it's worth the wait. We've been there four or five times. Always good.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Let me begin by saying that we were a group of six adults, and we had been enjoying downtown Chattanooga all day and needed food to make us "behave" a little better. It was a lovely day and we were seated outside on the patio. I could tell that our server was not as amused by us as we were amused by ourselves, but he was gracious and accommodating.

One of the first things that I and a friend (an Architect) did was to walk around the inside of the restaurant. I love the look of the building. I am not familiar with Chattanooga, and we took a cab there but it seemed to be in a very "sketchy" neighborhood. However, our server assured me that it is actually an up and coming neighborhood.

Now to the food. In a word - Delish! I enjoyed all of the food, including some things that I normally would never order but because the prices are reasonable, and the plates are small, I felt adventurous. I highly recommend the Duck Tacos, Lamb Lollipops, and Bison Balls.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

some people recommended this place, and again, very glad they did! it's just appetizers and drinks, so you have to order a few things to fill up, but it wasn't too expensive. I normally don't care for duck, but our waiter recommended the duck tacos (there are 3), and it was excellent!! so good in fact that we ordered it twice! also, while I like goat cheese, I can only take it in small quantities, and their mushroom ravioli with goat cheese was delicious! the sea scallop was great, but you only get 1 scallop. tough to share. sliders were also yummy! aside from the food, our waiter and this other guy who worked there were so incredibly helpful and knowledgeable and kind. it was just a great experience all around. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!