“Great new Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain
Ranked #2 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Great new hotel. Probably the nicest Hampton I've ever stayed at, and they're all nice. Friendly front-desk staff told me it was less than a year old (as of Feb 2014). Everything here is first-rate.

Lobby is large, open, and inviting. Breakfast area is huge, so it was never too crowded. Breakfast is typical Hampton's great quality ... which means far better selection of both hot and cold options, than you can find at almost any other hotel. Exercise room is bigger and nicer than anything I've ever seen at similar hotels: 4 treadmills, 3 ellipticals, 1 bike, huge assortment of free weights, med balls, benches, and a versatile weight machine. All equipment is brand new and each has a personal TV screen. They even provide free headphones for the TVs, if you forgot yours. Plenty of towels, water, etc. Seriously, top-notch.

Rooms are typical Hamptons excellence. Super comfortable beds, desk with plenty of electrical outlets (for laptop, phone charger, etc.), and well appointed bathroom. Rooms also have microwave and fridges.

Outside pool was closed in winter, but looked like it had a fun slide. Have never seen a slide at a hotel pool (except at resorts or Vegas). For guests who want to swim in winter, they have a large indoor pool as well. They have an outdoor patio outside the breakfast area. It was a little chilly to use that, but it included a large firepit and looked inviting for the warmer months.

Business Center has 2 computers which share a printer. Easy to get stuff done, like print boarding passes, etc. All rooms have free Wi-fi, which worked very well.

All-in-all, fantastic hotel. Everything was perfect, shiny and new. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Scott S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear SD-Traveler09,

Thank you very much for the detailed review! I couldn't have done a better job myself! We are very fortunate to have such a great hotel. My Team and I are proud to serve everyday. I hope you come back to try the outdoor pool this summer. I will take a picture of you going down the slide! Thank you for your business!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was the first stay at this new Hampton in Lookout Valley, TN. I had a "usual" hotel that I habitually stayed at, but it had declined in all matters and I refused to stay there again. Being that I had previous good experiences with Hampton Inn, and knowing this was a new Hampton Inn, I elected to stay at this one with my children. It was worth the little extra in cost because it was new, clean, well managed --- an overall excellent stay.

Dear Todd M.,

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am very happy that you had a great stay. I hope we earn the right to be your regular hotel. We enjoy getting to know repeat Guests very much. I appreciate your business.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Wonderful and excellent facility. However, if you are adverse to the smell of fabreeze let them know before booking. Everything else about this stay was first class. The staff and management were very accommodating and made us feel as valued guests.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Kenneth G,

I appreciate your review and feedback about the fabreeze. It is standard procedure for Hampton Beds to be freshened with Fabreeze. We receive many requests that we can honor such as "no feather pillows'. We would be glad to honor the "no fabreeze", just make sure you place that on your HHonors account or when you make the reservation. I am ecstatic that we were able to serve you well, and I hope you choose us again. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Hotel was very clean. Breakfast well managed. Staff knowledgeable about the area including restaurants, sites of interest, etc. Located about two or three exits from the main downtown exit to the Aquarium, etc. , one or two exits to Lookout Mountain, etc. Easy access to downtown and to hotel although my GPS service had difficulty locating the hotel -- not the hotel's fault.

Dear Dan C,

Thank you very much for the review! I am excited that we helped you enjoy your stay. I hope you choose to stay with us again. I appreciate your business.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Very nice - new Hampton Inn, location was just off exit for easy access. Excellent accommodations. Good value for travelers. Wife really liked the workout room. Staff was polite and helpful. Made good recommendations on dinning and delivery options in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Scott S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear William H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay! I hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Chattanooga. I appreciate your business.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Looks to have been recently refurbished. Clean well appointed room. Desk staff was very helpful. Convenient to the highway without any highway noise or light.

Will stop here again.

The only detraction was the clicking and clunking of the heat every time it came on during the night.

Stayed: February 2014
Scott S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Timothy B,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are not refurbished. We are brand new construction. We opened June 6, 2013. We are definitely convenient for travelers on I24, and have quickly become the regular stop over for many Guests. I am pleased that you will be returning to stay during your travels through the area. I apologize that the thermostat woke you up. Unfortunately, all thermostats/hvac units make some noise when starting up. If you're a light sleeper, we would be glad to provide you with ear plugs during your stay. These new units are significantly more quiet than older models. I appreciate your business, and look forward to meeting you.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is a lovely (looks pretty new) place. The staff is very friendly. However, in
some cases, form won out over function. One of the rooms we stayed in was designated
as a Handicapped room. Strangely enough, it had a regular bath vanity, so it would be
impossible to get a wheel chair under it. Also, the sink in that vanity is set back about
10 inches from the front edge which, even though I'm not handicapped, I found kind of
awkward. The towel rack/bar is mounted over the toilet. Again, it looks nice, but after you
wash your hands you have to drip about 6 feet over the floor and toilet seat to get
to the towel bar. Also, I pulled a towel out of the rack which had a wash cloth in
the same pocket and the wash cloth fell in the toilet. It's as if whoever laid things
out only cared about the looks - not actual use.

Dear RichardHMilford_,

Thank you for your review! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'd like to clear up a few things to put your mind at ease. There are multiple types of Handicapped Rooms. In fact, they're not even called handicapped rooms anymore. They are ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) rooms that are set up for deaf and many other types of ADA Guests. I haven't heard any complaints about the functionality of the towel set up, but I will definitely look into that. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to your staying with us again. I appreciate your business!