“Best Chai Latte Ever!!!!”

Mean Mug Coffeehouse
Ranked #2 of 22 Coffee & Tea in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Locally owned and operated coffeehouse located in the heart of the Southside. We specialize in made from scratch pastries, breakfast and lunch served all day. We offer a selection of loose leaf teas and a custom espresso and house specialty drink menu. We serve locally sourced and roasted Velo coffee along with regionally sourced roasters.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our family was on vacation in Chattanooga last week. I wanted a chai latte, and went online to find a coffee shop close to our hotel. What a gem!!! I enjoyed the BEST chai tea latte I have ever tasted!!! It was so delicious that I bought another one for the road. The food was very good. Portion sizes were very generous. I wish we had one in Tampa. Will definitely make sure to stop in the next time we are in Chattanooga.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great little place to get a good coffee and light meals. Good prices and very nice staff. Awesome outdoor seating. Just wonderful!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The mean mug catered an art event for me last time I was in Chattanooga. The owners were efficient, pleasant and delivered excellent food. I loved the lemon pound cake with strawberries and creme fraiche. The price was decent (maybe a little high) - but I had no doubt it was fair after tasting everything.

I had eaten brunch there earlier - had a roasted red pepper quiche with a salad. Tasty, fresh and definitely made from scratch.

It's a wonderful, if quirky, little place. Exactly what I love in Chattanooga.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My wife and I stopped here for coffee during a recent stopover in Chattanooga. Mean Mug is located in an older building. We both ordered their coffee of the day blend, which happened to be Costa Rican, one of our favorites. The coffee here is very good. We did not eat here but the food looked really good. The coffee shop has plenty of tables, chairs, and plug ins for laptops. The environment was clean.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Great options for coffee and a good selection. Fresh pastries and good food options. Everything I have tried is very tastie. Free Wi-Fi is nice as well. Outdoor seating is very nice as well. VERY friendly staff that seem to go out of their way to make sure you ahve a good expierence.