“Best Wings Ever!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The wings were smoked and rubbed.... best wings ever! All the other food was wonderful... I have never had a bad thing at Smokey Bones!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I stopped here for lunch. We were both disappointed. We both ordered the Brisket Platter Entrée, which we thought was quite boring. The sides were also boring. This restaurant is just like eating at most chain restaurants.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We decided to try this place since the lot looked busy and had an outside patio. We're out-of-state visitors to Chattanooga and enjoy trying places we don't have back home. We walked in and the place was crowded. We asked the hostess about sitting outside. She got a strange look on her face and then excused herself to 'go check if there was room'. Well...there WAS room...plenty of it...we noticed that on the way in. A few minutes later she returned and said it would be a little wait to sit on the patio. We were fine with that and took a seat in the lobby with the other people waiting to be seated. The A/C was on full blast and I was freezing inside. We had our newborn with us and I quickly put her blanket on so she wouldn't get cold. We didn't wait long before the hostess came to seat us. She started walking to the back of the restaurant [where everyone else with children appeared to be seated] and showed us to a booth. We asked why she hadn't seated us outside and she said it would be a 'REALLY long wait'. She obviously didn't want to seat us out there...for whatever reason?!?! We didn't bother to ask again and just sat down. Our server came over and we placed our beverage order then began looking over the menu. I was pleased to see that they offered a Build-Your-Own veggie burger. We both ordered burgers. The prices were not high and the burgers were HUGE. [There were 2 veggie patties on mine since they are listed as 'half pound burgers'] The burgers don't come with any sides, so you have the option of adding them for an additional cost. I had mashed potatoes and my fiance has loaded cheese fries. We both enjoyed the food, but we displeased by the chilly temperature inside the restaurant. Needless to say, we didn't linger when our food was done. Overall, it was a good experience...I just don't understand the the whole patio situation? When we left we noticed that it was mostly couples seated out there who were smoking and having cocktails. Maybe they thought a baby wouldn't be a good addition to this crowd? We just wanted to sit outside because it was a nice evening and the restaurant was too cold for us. If that was the case, we would've appreciated them just being honest with us in the first place rather than telling us we'd be seated out there and then giving us a lame excuse of why we weren't...

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We used to eat here all the time when they first opened. But the a couple of years ago they changed the menu. First the cut out the potato skins that were great, then the onion rings on one visit. Then every time we went here it was different. We really like the location because my husband smokes and their deck allows smoking but the food is not worth the convenience.
Their bar does make great drinks. If your looking for a bar to hang out in than its good for that.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Nice atmosphere...The chocolate cake alone was my reason to go! YUM!