“Good service and good food!”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #144 of 839 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The only complaint I have is on a weekend if you do not get there before 4:45 you will have a long wait. Great food!

There are newer reviews for Carrabba's Italian Grill

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I eat gluten-free and this Carrabba's is very conscientious about their gluten-free menu. The kitchen staff is well-trained and careful about cross-contamination. The servers are always pleasant and taught to be extremely knowledgeable about the menu. They take days of intensive training before they begin to serve. The manager is pleasant and always willing to do whatever it takes for you to have a pleasant dining experience. I love the Insalata Johnny Rocco--which has scallops and shrimp. And the mussels (appetizer) are so delicious, you'll want to lick the bowl. The salad dressing is so tasty I always ask for extra. And though I cannot eat the bread, I could bring my own GF bread and dip it in the oil and herbs. I'm hungry just thinking about it all!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

First ate a Carraba's seven years ago this month. It was the first date with my now wife. Good start !! Really do like Carrab's. It is very consistent. The service most every visit would be rated outstanding. The manger is always visable , friendly and attentive.

We really like the salad with house dressing. Wish they would sell it by itself. Not a big salad dressing person, but this is good. If you really want to splurge ask for the blue cheese crumbles. Well worth the small extra charge.

I would agree that the pricing is higher than one might expect for a chain restaurant, but a couple dollars is well worth it in my book. Wish they were open earlier in the day . Not a complaint, but rather a wish.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stopped in for a late dinner...around 8:30PM. We asked to be seated on the outdoor patio, which we noticed was basically empty on the way in. The hostess got a sling for our baby's carseat and escorted us outside. It was a beautiful night and sitting outside was a no-brainer. Our server arrived quickly to take our beverage order. We looked over the menu as we had never been here before. The server returned with our drinks and we placed our order. Shortly afterward, she returned with a small loaf of warm, soft sourdough bread and a plate of herbed olive oil. We ordered an appetizer sampler plate with calamari, fried mozzarella and brusetta. Everything on the plate was tasty and the brusetta was served in a way I'd never seen before: instead of the tomatoes and basil baked on the bread...the bread was served toasted and the sauce was served on the side. The sauce was a marinara with warm ricotta cheese placed in the middle. It all mixed very well together. Our entrees arrived and were not only ample...but also delicious! We both ordered pasta dishes which also came with a choice of either soup or a side caesar, house or italian salad. After dinner, we sat around enjoying the weather and visiting with our server. She was incredibly friendly and informative of the area since we were out-of-state visitors. We felt like she really liked her job and even though we were now the only patrons sitting on the patio...she made time to check in on us often and quickly accomodate our needs. The prices are competitive with a more upscale italian restaurant...and the portions are filling and the food itself is delicious. [I brought most of mine home since I was full from the bread, salad and appetizer we had.] Excellent service made it even better! If we lived locally...we'd certainly return. =]

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Great food and atmosphere. Friendly staff and perfect for a first date. Kind of romantic setting but I could see school age children and up would enjoy it also. There were exciting menu choices and the waiter was more than helpful explaining the choices. Desserts were delightful and the entree were big enough in portions to leave you full and satisfied. I highly reccomend this place especially for a first date. The atmosphere is quiet enough to talk and to be able hear and the food is wonderful, Perfect!