“Great food”

Hickory Pit Bar-B-Que
Ranked #15 of 961 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: We are a small family owned business with only 5 tables inside and 2 out side. We try to make you fill like you are with friends.
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

Really good food I've had the Hickory Pit Burger and the BBQ it was great my manager recommended it to me.

Reviewed July 13, 2018

Tried out his place on a Saturday night. A lot of their business seems to be take out. The area inside is quite small but comfortable. Another great feature is a drive up takeout window where you can call in your order and then pick it up. We were surprised to find out that Saturday night they serve up a Catfish Special. Yum Yum.
Since we could not decide they offer a $10.00 plate with Q and Catfish and two sides. A great meal for the price. The pork was very flavorful with a great sauce, the catfish melted in your mouth. BONUS: homemade tarter sauce. The make their own Slaw and Baked Beans and along with Peach Cobbler, (Don't forget the Ice Cream) it was a very filling meal. AS good as any Q we have experienced in Tenn. I recommend highly.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

I was working helping my daughter and family remodel a new old house and I had a hankering for barbecue and a glass of wine, like I have had at Jim 'N Nicks in Montgomery, Alabama. I googled barbecues nearby and found this the Hickory Pit Barbecue.. (Apparently a Jim 'N Nick's is coming soon to Chattanooga, but not there yet.)
I didn't get my glass of wine, but did get a good plate of barbecue beef shoulder. This is a small place with no liquor. It offers drive through ordering, to make up for the lack of table space -- and cater to the locals.

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

I had the Killer Baked Potato , Baked Beans and Cole Slaw . It was off the chain will take friends her a great hidden gem , the staff was great and prices were reasonable. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed July 3, 2018

The food here was great. We tried the pork and beef. They were excellent along with all of the sides. The prices were really good too.

Date of visit: June 2018