“Amazing food and Staff!!”

Hickory Pit Bar-B-Que
Ranked #13 of 875 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: We are a small family owned business with only 5 tables inside and 2 out side. We try to make you fill like you are with friends.
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here after being on the road for 12 hours going from Michigan to Florida. Less than 1.5 miles from I-75, which was great!

This was a wonderful BBQ restaurant! The prices were great and the food was hot, delicious and served in an adequate amount of time.

Our parties food consisted of:

Beef BBQ sandwich-amazing! The beef was moist, lean (not fatty), the BBQ sauce wasn't too sweet. It was the perfect blend of sweetness and vinegar. I added cole slaw was delicious! Crispy, creamy (not too creamy though), and fresh. The fries were traditional fries. Nothing fancy, but very good.

My SIL had the same as I, but with BBQ pulled pork.

Two killer loaded potatoes which were large and delicious, too.

Baked beans, yup...delicious!

The kids had a burger (very tasty charbroiled flavor), chicken tenders, corn dog and tater tots. All were good!

The sweet tea was very sweet, but that's coming from somebody that usually drinks unsweetened. I wanted some southern sweet tea though. I opted for 1/2 and 1/2.

The staff was very attentive and friendly. Never felt rushed by staff. We had a party of 8 and sat snugly, yet comfortably, around a family oval shaped table. I loved the family friendly feeling of this very small restaurant. It was exactly want we needed on our long drive.

The owner was very friendly and nice. He even gave us some driving tips for Atlanta rush hour traffic.

We will most certainly stop here again!!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Trip advisor guided me to another hidden gem. 5 tables inside and two outside. Small old building and a small parking lot. Inside has historic décor varying from newspaper clippings to the owner's (Mike) tools he used when he worked the tobacco fields as a child. Onto the food. The baby back ribs are fantastic. They do not come with any side so that will up your price a bit. The ribs have a slight pull off the bone and a great smoked smell and taste. The fried okra is good. They give you a nice sweet sauce on the side for the ribs or you can ask for their homemade hot sauce that has a smack. Not inexpensive but a good price for ribs and sides. I will return when I'm back in the Chatt.

1  Thank Nyormirror
Mike F, Owner at Hickory Pit Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Enjoyed talking with all of you. Talking about a tobacco basket and then find out why you were in town. Unreal!! Glad you enjoyed your food and I sure have enjoyed the cigars. Thanks for eating with us.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Awesome food, great service. Small hidden gem! Couldn't ask for anything more. Family type restaurant. My boys loved it, which is a task all by itself.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

if you're ever on Ringgold Rd, look for the Hickory Pit Bar-b-que, a little hard to find but worth the effort. Friendly folks and great bar-b-que. Not in the mood for bar-b-que, try the smoked chicken salad sandwich. Sweet tea just like Grandma use to make. Too good to miss. Enjoy.
We stop every time we travel from Marietta, GA to Lynchburg TE, going and coming.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

this small local place was recomended by staff at our campground. Best ribs I've ever eaten, and the sides were very good too. Very fair prices and alot of food. A must for anyone going thru there