“Excellent BBQ pork and fried catfish!”

Hickory Pit Bar-B-Que
Ranked #20 of 836 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: We are a small family owned business with only 5 tables inside and 2 out side. We try to make you fill like you are with friends.
“Excellent BBQ pork and fried catfish!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Good good food! Worth the wait! Cole slaw just OK...fried okra is great...seating is limited so better plan is to call in order and pickup at drive thru window.

“No Diamond in the Rough”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I really love good BBQ, but this was average and the staff struggled with all the extra attention from TripAdvisor. I will say the sauce was flavorful, but the pulled pork was dry and the sides were unexceptional. I came because of the high rating, but now question TripAdvisor. I was hoping for a Triple D experience and only got a D.

2 Thank Sandy S
“Great food!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

This little gem has great food all around, highly recommend this place to anyone. Beware, it is small!

NC
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

First let me say that I live in central NC where BBQ is akin to religion or politics. Some like eastern NC style and some like western NC style. While I like them both I have to say that this place has BBQ as good as any I have ever had in a restaurant. It was similar to western NC style in taste but was much more tender. The slaw and baked beans were just the way I like them. The place was small and clean and the service was good. The cook even came out and talked with us. Thanks tripadvisor for letting me know about this place and GPS for helping me find it. Looking forward to my next trip to the area.

1 Thank wapple
Archbold Ohio
“Excellent Bar-B-Que!!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We found this restaurant on tripadvisor while heading north on I75. This is a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant that I wouldn't have stopped at except for the excellent reviews on tripadvisor. We weren't disappointed and you won't be either!! Their barbecue, baked beans, and potato salad were excellent. It's about 1 mile off the highway. On the way back to I75 we stopped at a Baskin-Robbins and got the biggest 2 scoops I've ever seen!! A great way to top off the meal!!

1 Thank Ciach