“Chattanooga Charm”

Hickory Pit Bar-B-Que
Ranked #23 of 826 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a small family owned business with only 5 tables inside and 2 out side. We try to make you fill like you are with friends.
Kentwood, Michigan
“Chattanooga Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Spent the night in Chattanooga on our way from Michigan to Florida, looked at Trip Advisor for places to eat (was not in the mood for a chain restaurant or fast food) and came across Hickory Pit BBQ, so glad we looked! . Very small, hard to find as there is no sign near the street (only on the front of the building), so pay attention because we drove past it twice. Once we found it and stepped in we were a little skeptical at first, but thought what the heck, everyone on Trip Advisor loved it so we stayed. Attention to detail was in the food not the décor, which lets face it, that's how it should be. All four of us ordered chopped pork sandwiches, which were incredible (no chewy meat pieces or fat to tend with...I'm a little meat picky for that reason), the meat was really juicy and the sauce was perfect. The owner came out to talk to us and assure we liked our food then came back with a small sample of the chopped chicken and chopped beef (may have thought we were crazy for all ordering the same meal...we were)! All three meats were amazing, wish I had room for more, because I would have ordered and eaten more! No matter your meat preference (chicken, beef or pork), there is something for you and you will not be disappointed. A+ for southern hospitality and A+ for Tennessee style BBQ!!

1 Thank MalibuAndPineapple

“Excellent BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I love good barbecue, & I can honestly say I do not remember any that I like better than this. I am from Texas and I was traveling through town. I checked TripAdvisor for a good barbecue place and Hickory Pit barbecue came highly recommended. I ordered the chop beef and it was excellent and their sauce was also very good. I don't know that I would change anything about the entire meal. The waitress was very nice and personable, even though she broke her first dish while I was there. I felt bad for her, but she took it all in good fun.
Though I've only had one entree there, the chopped beef, I would definitely return and try some other items on the menu if I'm back in town.

1 Thank Keith L
Mike F, Owner at Hickory Pit Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Texas, Great complement. Thank you. Mike
“This is what BBQ should be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is a tiny place that even my friends in Chattanooga hadn't been to. The staff is very friendly, and were happy to have us there. The dining room is more like eating a family member's house. The inside seats 20 people (and beware men, this is the tiniest bathroom I have ever used) but the food is more than worth it. My girlfriend and I both got the pork Barbeque, and it was divine. It was not drowned in sauce like many places do, but you actually get to enjoy the meat. Tater salad, and baked beans are excellent. The fried okra tastes just like homemade. Definitely plan a trip by here on your way through.

1 Thank Jarrad M
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“MMM! Going back for more BBQ and tater salad!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

BBQ pork was so tender and moist. Perfectly seasoned with delicious BBQ sauce. My hubby and I both got the BBQ plate with wonderful potato salad. I got baked beans and he got French fries. We both shared the fried pickles with ranch that was also great. Service was outstanding and the owner even came by to talk to us before and after our meal. Very nice, down to earth guy. We WILL be back. Glad we found this place thanks to trip advisor. Small space- seats maybe 20 at the most. Prices are very affordable. Highly recommend.

1 Thank joe c
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Great food. Everything is cooked when you order. Very clean and friendly. Best ribs in town and the potato salad is the best!!