“Kansas City Certified BBQ Judge Approved!”

Hickory Pit Bar-B-Que
Ranked #22 of 826 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a small family owned business with only 5 tables inside and 2 out side. We try to make you fill like you are with friends.
Eminence Missouri
“Kansas City Certified BBQ Judge Approved!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I am a certified Kansas City BBQ Society Judge. I have judged competitions in many cities and states. I have to say that the Hickory Pit BBQ in Chattanooga is one of the very best! Excellent BBQ, great service. Quiet, Quaint, Casual. Excellent friendly service, making a total stranger (me) as well as the rest of my party feel right at home. From spare ribs to country fried okra and grandma's sweet southern tea, this place has it covered, hands down! You are truly missing the best in BBQ in town, if you miss eating at this place while you are in Chattanooga! I rate this place a solid five of five stars!!

3 Thank LadyCaptain

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, Usa
“Great BBQ!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

If you drive by and dont stop here then you do not like BBQ. They make an awesome pulled pork sandwich, the prices are great, and the service is top notch!!

2 Thank Will K
Louisiana
“So friendly and so yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We picked this place because it was number one on trip advisor. This was a great pick! The food was great, I think the ribs that my husband had was the best thing on the table. Second best item was the fried okra, besides dessert. I was going to try the chocolate dipped banana but they were out. I am kind of glad they were out because their funnel cake was awesome! If you have a large group you won't be able to sit together. There were 6 of us and only one table that had enough chairs and the table was taken by four ladies. They were nice enough to move so we could all sit together. We almost missed the place it is so small.

2 Thank cataws
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Great service! Good ribs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Service was awesome. Very sweet couple run the place. Ribs were very good. Chopped pork was good. Banana puddings was ok. Worth eating here for sure.

4 Thank kristy1975
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“quite good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

wonderful waiter in a very modest location. not very quick at serving, but bbq was excellent. we had bbq pork sand. yum with sauce/coleslaw. banana pudding was the usual, but the wafers made it outstanding. would stop again. this small, and I mean small, place only had about 5 inside tables, and even had a drivethru. our price was $8.25 for the special, drink/fries/sandwich. we added fried pickles (just okay). total was at $30 after the tip.

4 Thank Larryo