“Great staff and delicious food!”

Hickory Pit Bar-B-Que
Ranked #23 of 839 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: We are a small family owned business with only 5 tables inside and 2 out side. We try to make you fill like you are with friends.
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Don't be discouraged be the exterior...
The food was great! You can order platter or just sandwiches with sides. We had a large beef BBQ sandwich and a small pork BBQ sandwich! Both were delicious but I preferred the pork which is why I ordered it:-) gor sn appitizer We had the dynobites with ranch dip which were also good! Our neighboring table had the onion rings and they look scrumptious!
The staff was awesome! Made you feel like you were apart of their family. What a wonderful atmosphere... Reminded me of being in my grandma's kitchen! Lots of love and smiles! If we are ever back we will stop again!

1  Thank MamaSb4
There are newer reviews for Hickory Pit Bar-B-Que

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

You can pick small or large portions. Had to ribs, corn, green beans, sweet tea and banana pudding. All was excellent!!

Great service and conversation.

Will visit them again!

1  Thank bigstevehd
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Traveling from Atlanta, GA back to Decatur, Alabama I consulted TA for local recommendations for a dinner stop. We had missed the "Hog Happenings" in Marietta, GA (which is some kind of BBQ festival) so I think I had "BBQ on the brain" (power of suggestion?) ..... Nevertheless, the Hickory Pit BBQ came up high on the list. Being so close to Chattanooga I was reluctant to consider something off the beaten path, much less a "mom/pop BBQ joint" on our trip. Took a chance, read some reviews and it paid off. First note the establishment is not well marked (beyond control of owner) - so when you exit the highway (I-75) you'll travel about 1/2-3/4 mile and the the property will be on the right, free standing in a shopping center parking lot (the Ridgewood Shopping Center to be exact) - look for it. Some other "helps" you'll pass a Mexican place LosPortos (sp?) and yellow electric cig sign then immediately on the right will be the Hickory Pit BBQ (wooden building with sitting deck outside) ... The place looks small and like a popsicle joint (see TA front picture) - but friends.... looks can be deceiving. This guy has been in the "business" for nearly 30 years (he is open on Sat and Sundays for you weekend travelers - and CLOSED MONDAYS - plan your stop accordingly). Being raised in the South, I enjoying a good red sauce, moist smokey meat in each in generous quantities. I ordered a large beef sandwich with fried pickles - some of the best BBQ I have had in a long time. My 12 year old son (not a huge BBQ fan has requested to return for his 13th birthday - really???). I would highly recommend this restaurant - it's small, extremely friendly (ask for Will) and great stop just outside of Chattanooga for a taste of Southern BBQ.

2  Thank dragonmed
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were staying at a hotel in East Ridge and I had discovered this restaurant via a Google search. It is located in an unusual building so it's hard to miss. The food was very good. I had the chopped beef plate with "freedom" fries and baked beans. My wife had one of the burgers. I had the banana pudding for dessert. All of the items were very tasty and the portions were large and a great value for the money. The server was very friendly and the dining area is decorated BBQ-style. We go to Disney World once or twice a year, so we will be passing through the area again, and we'll visit this restaurant on future visits to the area!

2  Thank Snipe4113
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and attentive staff made this a great place for a family dinner on a Friday evening. The food was tasty and very reasonably priced. If looking for authentic BBQ, this is the place to visit.

1  Thank dhall92026