“Not as good as I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ryan's Family Steakhouse - CLOSED

Ryan's Family Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Port Hope, Michigan
“Not as good as I expected”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Most of my visits to Ryan's have been good experiences, but the food, except for the fried chicken, didn't have outstanding flavors. I'll give it another shot on my next visit.

Visited May 2014

New York City, New York
“Steak &sauce”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

First, ring old rd Ryans I'd closed. I went to hixson pk restaurant. Ryans advertises steak beginning After 4 pm Went to steak ctr , they stated " 4 o'clock) informed them they adv 3:30 not 4. Ryans had not even started by 330. They agreed to bring steak to my table which they did. Latest cheap. Trick of ryans is that they now have their sauces hidden indeterminate silverware ctr out of sight of customers. Little wonder Ryans filed for bankruptcy.

• Visited April 2014
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Ryan's Morning Buffet”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ryan's morning buffet was fair to decent. The food was generally hot and available when needed. They offered a wide variety of choices and offered a omelet cook for customers. Ok, for one in a great while.

Visited December 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“A great buffet”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The only downside is every time I go there I eat too much. This buffet is much better than the competitor chain buffets that are out there. Its location is great if your in Hixson not so great if you are elsewhere. But if you are in need of a quick meal that taste good I recommend checking it out.

• Visited August 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Not going back”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stopped at Ryan's for a quick dinner before church Wednesday night. We had not eaten there in quite a while. What a disappointment.

The service was slow or non existent. We had to get our own silverware before we could eat. The drinks were not served until half way through the meal. I waited at the roast beef/ ham station for several minutes and finally hit my plate on the counter before anyone came to serve me. The server who finally took care of me had been talking to another server about five feet away, in full view of this station. I wanted to try the stir fry that was promoted on large signs in the lobby. The first and second time I waited At that station no one appeared to help me. The third time there was an employee next to the stir fry area. He was next to the grilling steaks but not doing anything with them. he was too busy flirting with a young lady I assume was a restaurant guest. He ignored me even though I stood there for a while waiting for him to wrap up his conversation and offer to help me. I was standing behind and to the side of the young lady in plain sight. The employees at this Ryan's seemed more interested in their social life than in doing their job.

The quality of food was sadly lacking also. The roast beef was dry. I wanted a fried chicken leg or wing. There were only a few chicken backs in the fried chicken serving pan. I checked back twice but they did not refill the pan while I was there. The macaroni was watery and had no cheese flavor. The sauce was more like orange water than cheese sauce. The coconut pie was good but I kept tasting peanut the rest of the night.

All in all this was a very dis satisfactory meal. We did not speak with the manager as we needed to get to church on time. We will not be going back to this Ryan's.

• Visited March 2013